Switch to full style
A place where restoration project-type threads can go to avoid falling off the main page in the WIX hangar. Feel free to start threads on Restoration projects and/or warbird maintenance here. Named in memoriam for Gary Austin, a good friend of the site and known as RetroAviation here. He will be sorely missed.
Post a reply

F-86L manual and left wingtip needed!

Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:16 pm

The wendover museum is working on our F-86L and it would be a huge help to get a scan of the cockpit section of the manual to identify the correct instruments for the plane and thier location - anyone? (I did get a photo a while back butthe manual would be great to)

Also, if anyone has a lead on where I might get my hands on the left wingtip I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks,

Tom P.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:33 pm

Fuel truck incursion? I have found that there are a couple different tips. Do you have the number? Is it stainless? Have a picture? PM me. :wink:

Mon May 04, 2009 12:09 am

no, no fuel trucks - just thieves.

It is actually a "D" model sabre converted to the "L" - the p/n tag on the wing says it belongs to a "D"

Here is a photo of the wing.

Tom P

Mon May 04, 2009 1:50 am

I know where there's one.

Wed May 20, 2009 8:32 pm

Hi Tom,
I have a wing tip P/N 187-14480-1 that does not fit our F model. If you find this is the correct P/N we would be willing to part with it.

David
WHF Maint

Wed May 20, 2009 10:43 pm

Dave, any prints for our set yet? :wink:

Thu May 21, 2009 6:24 am

Hi Scott,
I really need to go looking for them. I'll see if I can get that done before we come up to Waukesha in June.

David
Post a reply