Switch to full style
A place where restoration project-type threads can go to avoid falling off the main page in the WIX hangar. Feel free to start threads on Restoration projects and/or warbird maintenance here. Named in memoriam for Gary Austin, a good friend of the site and known as RetroAviation here. He will be sorely missed.
Post a reply

Re: Packard Rolls-Royce Merlin tool roll

Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:48 pm

Hi new to this site I have just purchased a tool kit that sounds the same as bru-d . its been in someone's garage for the last 30 years .its a bit rusty but looks like its hardly been used and nearly complete, apart from one important bit which is the white tool flap section at the top can anyone send me a decent photo of this . I think my kit sounds more like the At9211 . if anybody wants any photos of their missing pieces I can glady send them thanks

Re: Packard Rolls-Royce Merlin tool roll

Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:14 pm

O.K. i know this is an old thread but just thought i would add a little. The 3.5" adjustable spanner AT-80** is possibly a Diamalloy wrench. I have seen a 4" wrench marked AT-8055 that could be the one. These were made by the Diamond Calk Horseshoe Co. in the 1940s. The missing ratchet AT-8022 that you thought may be made by Bonney is in fact made by Snap On. I know this as i have one with a date letter from 1945 and apart from the finish it is identical to a 3/8" Snap On Ferret ratchet i have from 1941. Hope this is useful to someone, cheers.
Post a reply