Switch to full style
A place where restoration project-type threads can go to avoid falling off the main page in the WIX hangar. Feel free to start threads on Restoration projects and/or warbird maintenance here. Named in memoriam for Gary Austin, a good friend of the site and known as RetroAviation here. He will be sorely missed.
Post a reply

Re: Link Trainer

Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:34 pm

tom d. friedman wrote:wow this is an old thread!! I can't recall ever getting back in touch w/ you, must have slipped through the cracks of to many details. anyway, I still have a couple if still interested or need them. just let me know & i'll email pics & descriptions. if so i'll need you to pm me your email address. thank you.

I can't find your email so difficult to reply

Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:46 am

I'm planning on taking some Link trainer parts to the Newark aerojumble this coming Saturday, I have a rudder, canopy & some table parts amongst the many bits, do you want me to bring some ?.

Bob T.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:08 pm

atrent wrote:
tom d. friedman wrote:wow this is an old thread!! I can't recall ever getting back in touch w/ you, must have slipped through the cracks of to many details. anyway, I still have a couple if still interested or need them. just let me know & i'll email pics & descriptions. if so i'll need you to pm me your email address. thank you.

I can't find your email so difficult to reply

pm sent w/email

Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:42 pm

Bringing some life to an old thread perhaps....

I'm working with some folks at the Nat Museum of WWII Aviation restoring a 1943-ish AN-T-18 (aka AN-2550-1) Link Trainer with instructor's desk. The goal is full operation with as much original material as possible. So far, we've been having pretty good luck. There are a few instruments that we don't have (or don't have working one). We have a fair collection of manuals including some C-2/3/4/5 stuff that is helpful, too. Maybe share experiences and stuff with any other Link restorations going on out there?

Wayne
Post a reply