Switch to full style
A place where restoration project-type threads can go to avoid falling off the main page in the WIX hangar. Feel free to start threads on Restoration projects and/or warbird maintenance here. Named in memoriam for Gary Austin, a good friend of the site and known as RetroAviation here. He will be sorely missed.
Post a reply

RAAF Canberra Bomber

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:54 am

Hi

This is to all you Canberra bomber experts out there, particularity the RAAFies. I don't want to jinx myself or anything but I may be about to embark on the restoration of a Canberra bomber, a RAAF one however one problem is it can't stand on its gear anymore. I may need to use struts or supports to hold it up and restore it. Once I get it off the truck it will need to go straight on these. Any ideas? What did the RAAF use? Are there any still around I can get my hands on? Anything on Canberras or advice is welcome. :)

Cheers,

Re: RAAF Canberra Bomber

Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:51 am

Make a wooden brace fore and aft with a balance thingy on each wing. As I am not due back to work until late October I can't take a photo of what I am talking about. What Canberra rego are you restoring?

Re: RAAF Canberra Bomber

Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:21 am

Sounds good, would love to see photos when you get back to work and I'd rather not say at the current point in time.
Post a reply