Switch to full style
A place where restoration project-type threads can go to avoid falling off the main page in the WIX hangar. Feel free to start threads on Restoration projects and/or warbird maintenance here. Named in memoriam for Gary Austin, a good friend of the site and known as RetroAviation here. He will be sorely missed.
Post a reply

F-94A Restoration (static)

Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:02 pm

Greetings all! I am new to this forum, so I hope I am doing this in the right place. Castle Air Museum is starting restoration to static display a very early F-94A. It's in great condition and will make a very nice display. It's complete, with one minor exception: Someone went and stuck a T-33 nose on our F-94!

We need an F-94A nose.

If anyone happens to know where we might get one, I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks!

Re: F-94A Restoration (static)

Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:59 pm

In case anyone is interested:

Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:57 am

Wow she looks great! SO am I right in thinking its a F94 with a tbird nose?

Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:40 pm

peter wrote:Wow she looks great! SO am I right in thinking its a F94 with a tbird nose?

Yup, that's exactly what you're seeing. The F-94A is in great shape. We've done a ton of research on her, and still can't find when / where the nose was switched out. We've already got a T-33 and a P(F)-80 on display, so we'd really like to have the proper nose on it. We will do the restoration anyway, and change out the nose when we get one.

If anyone knows where one might be, we need an F-94A nose. It had guns only, 4 in the nose. The C version had rockets.

Thanks to all!

Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:45 am

What about AMARC or one of the nearby yards?

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:00 pm

Thanks!

We're good.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=55030
Post a reply