Switch to full style
A place where restoration project-type threads can go to avoid falling off the main page in the WIX hangar. Feel free to start threads on Restoration projects and/or warbird maintenance here. Named in memoriam for Gary Austin, a good friend of the site and known as RetroAviation here. He will be sorely missed.
Post a reply

War Thunder video game "Da Bomb!"

Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:47 pm

I'm not really sure where to put this but I think it might be of very great interest to some of you. There is an online flight simulator video game that is free to play you might find cool. It's called War Thunder, and it uses a pretty decent physics simulator to recreate WWII and Korean era air to air combat.
Have a looksie at:

[url]
https://warthunder.com/en/media/screens ... enshot_339[/url]

This is just a screenshot but if you're interested go to WarTHunder.com and sign up.
It's not perfect, but for a free online game, that you get to fly everything from a Peashoter to an F86 in, it's DA BOMB!

There is a tank on tank version, and of course, you know that's of greater interest to me than the warbirds. I fly, but I suck at it. I'm much better killing people behind the gun of an M4A2 (76) than a P40E. You might still see me though. My screen name is Turkey Lurkey. If you see me, give me a hollar!

Nice to see ya'll again, by the way!

Re: War Thunder video game "Da Bomb!"

Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:40 pm

Hey Muddy
I'm honestly not much of a game guy.
I saw your handle and just wanted to shout out and say "Glad to see you"

Cheers man
Hope all is well :drink3:

Andy Scott

Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:12 pm

Nice to see you too Andy! I'm really awful at the air to air combat. I wish someone here could help me figure it out better as I know all these pilots understand the physics of it better than I can. But I'll...muddle...my way along!

Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:17 am

Love Warthunder. I just built a new rig so I can play without catching my video card on fire :lol:
i'm CorsairFAS in the game.

Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:58 am

I'll keep an eye out for you! I'm sure you'll shoot me down at some point since everybody else does lol!
:drink3:

Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:21 pm

I can usually be found hunting in my KI-102 or KI-45's around 12am est

Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:27 pm

My sons play online with their cadet buddies at the CAF wing. They spend almost all their time practicing formation rejoins and acro. They are getting pretty fracking good, and it translates well. They both have started station keeping in the T-6
Post a reply