Switch to full style
A place where restoration project-type threads can go to avoid falling off the main page in the WIX hangar. Feel free to start threads on Restoration projects and/or warbird maintenance here. Named in memoriam for Gary Austin, a good friend of the site and known as RetroAviation here. He will be sorely missed.
Post a reply

RADIO USED IN THE F4 CORSAIR

Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:59 am

Hi, I am sorry to bother everyone but I have a question concerning the radio used in the F4 Corsair.

I have the remains of one, the radio dials, that were pulled from the Mediterranean back in 2007 when the wreckage was extracted by an Italian fisherman. At first I thought that they were from a Collins Autotuner, but that would have been too massive to fit in the back of a Corsair.

I have seen pictures of one a year or so ago but have since lost the email and the link. Can anyone out there please help me? I am looking for as much i formation about the make and model of the radio as possible with any pictures that someone might have.

I thank you for your time and hope to hear from someone, soon.

V/r,
Jason C.

Re: RADIO USED IN THE F4 CORSAIR

Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:39 am

Every Corsair was fitted to its mission but here is a rough idea of whats standard on the Wartime 1943-45 F4U
You would be looking for ARC-5 radios.

T-23 VHF Transmitter
T-19 MHF Transmitter
T-28 VHF Transmitter
R-23 MHF Receiver
R-26 MHF Receiver
R-4 / ARR-2 Receiver

C-38 Receiver Control Box
C-30 Transmitter Control box

You could also be looking at an APX-1 ID unit as well (very rare bird)

Re: RADIO USED IN THE F4 CORSAIR

Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:39 pm

Can you send me an email to Jasonc9606@gmail.com?
Post a reply