Switch to full style
A place where restoration project-type threads can go to avoid falling off the main page in the WIX hangar. Feel free to start threads on Restoration projects and/or warbird maintenance here. Named in memoriam for Gary Austin, a good friend of the site and known as RetroAviation here. He will be sorely missed.
Post a reply

USAAF Technical Manual 05-40A-5

Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:19 pm

On our UC-61K has a 2.25 inch Weston model 606 T-67P2 Carburetor Temp gauge installed. The gauge reads Carburetor Inlet Temperature and has a range of -20 degree Fahrenheit to + 120 degree.
I do not have the temp probe that goes with this indicator. The after market model I bought is not compatible with this instrument. All the UC-61 manuals I have show the indicator type and part number listed as part number AD-6978, on the instrument is Model 606 T-67P2 but none of the manuals show the probe or leads heading out to the Carburetor Inlet Elbow. There is one reference to a USAAF Technical Order T.O. 05-40A-5 to be followed.

Does anyone have a copy of this Tech Manual or use a similar indicator that can provide me with a probe part number or manufacture.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!

Jim C.
UC-61K, USAAF # 43-14964 / RAF # HB690
Post a reply