Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191 ... 221  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:17 pm 

Welcome to WIX Jason !

Keep the posts coming as and when you can ~ Ol'927 has a worldwide group of bomber fans :D

Very best wishes to you in your new role from England :drink3:

Peter

Consolidated by US state ~ see if there's a heavy bomber tour stop coming to an airport near you ...... http://www.bomberflight.info

Warbirdapps on facebook ~ every day a new image from my personal journey thru the world of warbirds ..... https://www.facebook.com/Warbirdapps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:19 pm 

Welcome to the wix Jason :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:43 pm 

Welcome to WIX Jason. Thank you for keeping us updated on Diamond Lil.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.” - P.J. O’Rourke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:06 am 
Co-MVP - 2006

Herkeng wrote:
Welcome to WIX Jason. Thank you for keeping us updated on Diamond Lil.

On what airplane?!? I'm not familiar with a Diamond Lil. I have heard of Ol' 927 though. :wink: :lol:

Just messin' with you. I deal with LOTS of old time CAFers who refuse to call that airplane anything else. The only thing is that Ol' 927 was the "original" name for that airplane, not Lil. It's just one of those little querky things that pop up from time to time as I have to defend myself. :?

Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:26 am 

Hi Jason and welcome aboard! What's the latest on the engine? When do you expect Ole 927 to be back in one piece again?

Thanks for all your hard work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:07 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

The DFW Wing's BT-13 engine showed up in the last few days from Blakey's shop (where the B-24's #3 is at(, so hopefully that means he's up and going again after his injury and they'll get the engine back in short order.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:52 pm 

T-6G Pilot wrote:
Hi Jason and welcome aboard! What's the latest on the engine? When do you expect Ole 927 to be back in one piece again?

Thanks for all your hard work!

Hopefully, I will hear about the engine status tomorow. I do know that we are in a bit of a pickle with our spares...both are in need of complete overhaul. I really can't tell you a specific date for roll out yet. I would think late May...but it still depends on the engine status.

Last edited by Jason Langley on Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:54 pm 

CAPFlyer wrote:
The DFW Wing's BT-13 engine showed up in the last few days from Blakey's shop (where the B-24's #3 is at(, so hopefully that means he's up and going again after his injury and they'll get the engine back in short order.

Hope to hear something soon. I have a team working on the wet wing, they are inspecting and resealing both tanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:58 pm 

bomberflight wrote:
Welcome to WIX Jason !

Keep the posts coming as and when you can ~ Ol'927 has a worldwide group of bomber fans :D

Very best wishes to you in your new role from England :drink3:

CHEERS!
I will try and keep you all up to date. I'm sorry I was at Jeff Abbott's over the weekend and found out I have two spare 1830-94 in need of overhaul! It is the right action for both engines after we looked them over unfortunately. So, no simple top end.

Post subject: Trip To Abbott Acft
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:14 pm 

Loading up Whiting Stand so it is an easier build process on B-29 3350 Hybrid

Jarod and John taking a break in the shade

Additional parts and one of the spare 1830-94 from OL' 927 in need of insp/repair

Rebel is already wiped out, hard afternoon at work

About half way to Oklahoma he is almost in the floor board!

We managed to get to Abbott Aircraft safely and unload. After taking a look at both spare 1830s we now know it is overhaul time for both. I was hoping for just a top end on at least one of the two, but no such luck. Jeff and his guys were ready and waiting for us and we enjoyed the time we had with them. If your ever up their way take the time to eat Massey's Barbecue, its worth it! I would also like to thank Jarod and his copilot Rebel for bringing the truck and 40" trailer. We were able to make one trip instead of several.

Last edited by Jason Langley on Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: prep for wet wing repair
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:53 pm 

Thought I would take a few pictures of "OL'927" while pulling her out to drain the tanks for the upcoming repair. The sun was just right and I thought might get lucky and have a good picture or two.

I ended up draining approx. 900 gals that afternoon and into the night.

I liked this photo of the nose at twilight the most, time to get her back in the hanger.

2130 and I'm starving..time for a little grilling action

Nothing like tailgate grilling at the end of the night.

Hungry?

Well, it was a long day after returning from Oklahoma and then draining the wet wing. The grilling after the work was a nice way to cap the day.

Post subject: Wet Wing Repair
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:03 pm 

I hope to have a few pictures up in the next day or two of the wet wing repair and a few other projects. Still working on the POGO system and sheet metal. Replaced the left 24v battery and replacing the positive lead and connector while I'm at it. Andy, showed up from Tennessee and is here to help for a few days, I sure appreciate his help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:00 am 

Congratulation for your new job Jason. :D :D

Be sure, that a lot of people (not only in Us) appreciate that you take time to share your work and pictures on this board.

Best regards from Belgium

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:36 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Cool pics Jason!

That is quite the engine stand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:34 am 

Left Wing - you can see the new rivets and the clean and freshly sealed access panel

Right Wing - looking into tank, cleaned access area
Here is the fix at the centerline

Moving jacks into place to put stress on wings to see if she is going to leak.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191 ... 221  Next