Switch to full style
A place where restoration project-type threads can go to avoid falling off the main page in the WIX hangar. Feel free to start threads on Restoration projects and/or warbird maintenance here. Named in memoriam for Gary Austin, a good friend of the site and known as RetroAviation here. He will be sorely missed.
Post a reply

Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:32 pm

Blackwing wrote:Where is the work on Lil being done?

Here in the mighty metropolis of Midland, Texas. Yee Haw.

Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:38 pm

Okay, here's a link to a cut-down version of the proposal that I presented to the elected staff of our Squadron, who voted unanimously for it. Like I said before, the eventual finish of the airplane will depend on how it looks after it's stripped, and we will not be able to finish everything that's on this presentation this winter. However, this should give y'all an idea of what we're working towards.

http://rwebs.net/avhistory/lil/

Gary

Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:47 pm

Nice presentation Gary. Lots of changes ahead for the old girl! My vote is for the OD color. Do you have all the trincuits to make the conversion you outlined or do many of the bits and pieces need to be found and purchased or fabricated yet?

John

Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:59 pm

Very Impressive Gary!!!! Lots of GOOD changes. Makes me wish I lived in Texas................but as a Yankee.........its just too hot there!

Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:04 pm

John Beyl wrote:Nice presentation Gary. Lots of changes ahead for the old girl! My vote is for the OD color. Do you have all the trincuits to make the conversion you outlined or do many of the bits and pieces need to be found and purchased or fabricated yet?

John

Man, we need dang near everything trinket-wise. We have little odds and ends, but could sure use some more. Keep your eyes open for us. :)

Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:05 pm

N3Njeff wrote:Very Impressive Gary!!!! Lots of GOOD changes. Makes me wish I lived in Texas................but as a Yankee.........its just too hot there!

It's not too hot here in the winter. I'd say it's just about right......even for a Yankee. ;-)

Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:23 pm

I guess Lil won't be making it to the Tulsa hanger dance in two weeks then. Too bad. :( They were advertising her and a P-51, Miss America, to be there. Maybe we can talk Ike into putting his bird Miracle Maker in there instead.

Last hanger dance I went to there had S.J. there. It was inspiring.

Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:27 pm

So Gary, where's the wish list of needed bits posted?

Oh yeah...one more vote for olive drab.

Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:44 pm

Hadn't actually come up with a formal wish list yet, but will do so and get one posted.

I appreciate the offers to help look for stuff.

Gary

Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:56 pm

What plug in do you need to view that on a Mac?

Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:00 pm

Django wrote:What plug in do you need to view that on a Mac?

Hmmm, I'll have to forward that to someone who would know more about computers than I do. Sorry it doesn't work for you. I'll see what I can do to make it where anyone can view it.

Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:14 pm

Nice presentation Gary!!! I think its a really good change! :drink3:

Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:29 pm

Here's a short list of things we are looking for/need to get this transformation under way.............

Volunteers (skilled & unskilled to start with)
Original radio equipment
Parachutes
Oxygen bottles
Volunteers (male or female)
Bomb racks (I have one.....will have to fabricate the rest if none are found)
.50 caliber machine guns & mounts
Volunteers (large or small, short or tall)
First aid kits
Money (pretty much a no brainer there)
Volunteers (dang near anyone who'll show up to help me really)

I'm sure there'll be more added to the list later. This is just all I could come up with off the top of my head.

Gary

Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:06 pm

retroaviation wrote:
Django wrote:What plug in do you need to view that on a Mac?

Hmmm, I'll have to forward that to someone who would know more about computers than I do. Sorry it doesn't work for you. I'll see what I can do to make it where anyone can view it.

That presentation is done in windows media, so you may be S.O.L. Try and find something for the mac that will play .wmv files, or some form of windows media player for the mac.

Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:52 pm

If you will give me a bit of time, I'll see if I can't gen up some alternate formats for Gary's slideshow, maybe add Quicktime and Flash options. Let me see what I can do tonight or by tomorrow. Fly safe.
Post a reply