Switch to full style
If you are new to the forums I would suggest visiting this section first, especially if you would like to join the community
Post a reply

CURTISS AT-9 MODEL HELP NEEDED

Tue May 08, 2012 9:19 pm

Sometime back I built a model of the Curtiss AT-9 Jeep. It has a span of 60" and I flew it in control line competition. It now resides at the Pima Air Museum in Tucson. There is a bad photo of it there on their site. I have since drawn plans for an 80" model and will most likely do the plane with the same markings. It is one designated T-58. The plane was silver with red, white, and blue tail feathers and olive drab anti-glare panels on the nose and nacelles. The numbers and letters were all black. Since building the first model, I've seen other photos of the same plane and after looking at the photos more closely, it is obvious that the nacelles had stripes painted around them, probably yellow or orange. I just can't tell. Maybe someone out there will know where the plane was stationed and if I found that out, perhaps I could contact the base and find out what those colors might be. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Bill

I'm trying to load an image but no luck. Maybe a little advice is in order. You can contact me at crossram5@aol.com
Post a reply