Switch to full style
If you are new to the forums I would suggest visiting this section first, especially if you would like to join the community
Post a reply

New Kid

Sun May 31, 2015 5:49 pm

I have been using Warbird Registry for research since about 2003, and have provided many photos. Finally, I have to join Warbird Information Exchange seeking information about an aircraft, directed here by Mike Henniger of Aerial Visuals.

I have been interested in aircraft (mostly military) since my sophomore year in high school (1967-1968) when I took an "Aeronautics" class, where the instructor was ex USAF who flew C-46s over the Hump during WWII. I have a commercial pilot license, with multi-engine rating, instrument rating, and helicopter rating, and spent 30 years as an Air Traffic Controller. I go to as many aviation museums as possible, and of course try to get to airshows. My hobby is photographing military aircraft (warbirds and modern) and recording s/n so I can follow where they are. A year or so ago I found Aerial Visuals while researching current locations, and realized I had information to add to Mike's dossiers, and before I knew it I was an admin and researching for all the planes I have photographed. Which led me here. (I've actually been here many times taking away information I was Googling for!)

I spent almost 5 years in the Army as a paratrooper (6/70 to 2/75), I've been married to a wonderful woman since 1976 and have two kids and five grandkids. I spend a lot of time in Christian ministry and playing the bagpipes.

So, that's me in a nutshell.

Glenn E. Chatfield

Re: New Kid

Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:57 am

Elwynn27 wrote:I have been using Warbird Registry for research since about 2003, and have provided many photos. Finally, I have to join Warbird Information Exchange seeking information about an aircraft, directed here by Mike Henniger of Aerial Visuals.

I have been interested in aircraft (mostly military) since my sophomore year in high school (1967-1968) when I took an "Aeronautics" class, where the instructor was ex USAF who flew C-46s over the Hump during WWII. I have a commercial pilot license, with multi-engine rating, instrument rating, and helicopter rating, and spent 30 years as an Air Traffic Controller. I go to as many aviation museums as possible, and of course try to get to airshows. My hobby is photographing military aircraft (warbirds and modern) and recording s/n so I can follow where they are. A year or so ago I found Aerial Visuals while researching current locations, and realized I had information to add to Mike's dossiers, and before I knew it I was an admin and researching for all the planes I have photographed. Which led me here. (I've actually been here many times taking away information I was Googling for!)

I spent almost 5 years in the Army as a paratrooper (6/70 to 2/75), I've been married to a wonderful woman since 1976 and have two kids and five grandkids. I spend a lot of time in Christian ministry and playing the bagpipes.

So, that's me in a nutshell.

Glenn E. Chatfield

Welcome to WIX Glenn, glad to see your finally here. :)
Post a reply