Switch to full style
A place to post notifications of aviation related people... pilots, pioneers, etc...
Post a reply

Dennis Bradley, Co-founder of Cdn. Warplane Heritage - RIP

Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:04 pm

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Bradley family with Saturday's passing of Dennis J. Bradley, co-founder of the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum.

Flying became a passion for Dennis early on. His love of aviation lead to the acquisition of a Firefly along with his friend, Alan Ness. The restoration of that aircraft generated much more interest than they had anticipated and the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum was born. Under Dennis’ leadership and guidance from 1972 to 1999 as the President, the collection grew to over 40 aircraft. His numerous accomplishments included the acquisition and restoration of the Lancaster and overseeing the move into the new world class facility.

Without the leadership, guidance and significant contributions of Dennis Bradley, the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum would not exist today and we remain greatly indebted to our first Founding Father – Dennis J. Bradley.

The Funeral Announcement is TBA.

Re: Dennis Bradley, Co-founder of Cdn. Warplane Heritage - R

Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:52 pm

Although I'd learned of his passing earlier from another source, thank you for taking the time to post this news at WIX...a very thoughtful gesture on your part.

My personal condolences to loved ones, friends, and the entire CWH family.

Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:07 am

My sincere condolences to all affected by the passing of Dennis. Godspeed to you sir!
Robbie

Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:41 pm

Very sincere regrets from all of us at Vintage Wings of Canada.

Dennis Bradley's legacy deserves our great respect.

Dave

Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:04 pm

I first meet Dennis at the CAF Airshow at Harlingen Tx in the late '70's.

Nice guy and we colonials [me Aussie] tried outdrinking those Southern Boys. Meet him many times afterwards in my travels.

Tailwinds and blue skies Sir...

Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:49 am

I first met Mr. Bradley at AirSho 1991. He and Gary McCann invited me to go up in the A-26C 43-34313/G-GHLK when
I was just shooting some video of the aircraft. That doesn't happen now days!

Sitting in the jump seat I was shooting and absorbing the ride and once landed Gary asked if would care for a beer but I declined
and today I would accept with those two in a second.

Stephen
Post a reply