Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:14 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

I have loads of nice stuff to share.....

But so far, the shared albums are not easy to view.

My 2 last post are using ImgBB.

It is doing the job for hosting, but once on/in the album, they are not friendly to the viewer from my perspective.

Any recommendations?????

Cheers.......

Teasers....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:28 pm 

https://imgur.com/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:17 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Tks Xray....will give it a look.

Michel.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:34 am 

Its nonsense for the website not to allow direct pictures. Many auto forums do just that. It just gets old seeing tons of missing pictures on any website that forces the picture hosting deal.
Maybe its time for better website software for this site?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:46 am 

exhaustgases wrote:
Its nonsense for the website not to allow direct pictures. Many auto forums do just that. It just gets old seeing tons of missing pictures on any website that forces the picture hosting deal.

All it takes is money. I am sure if you contacted Scot he could tell you where to send the check to cover it. Sarcasm aside, it takes a lot of effort, and money, to run a site like this one. I am very grateful for what we have on this site as it is, but that is how I was raised. Do I agree that direct posting of pics would be great? Of course, but unless I am willing to solve the problem, then will just continue to enjoy it as is.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:14 pm 

exhaustgases wrote:

Must be missing something, pics can be uploaded here with size limitations

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:18 pm 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

Xrayist wrote:
exhaustgases wrote:

All it takes is money. I am sure if you contacted Scot he could tell you where to send the check to cover it. Sarcasm aside, it takes a lot of effort, and money, to run a site like this one. I am very grateful for what we have on this site as it is, but that is how I was raised. Do I agree that direct posting of pics would be great? Of course, but unless I am willing to solve the problem, then will just continue to enjoy it as is.

The big problem is the software can't be updated due to restrictions from the hosting service. I can create a new forum with more updated software but it will be starting over from scratch, which is something we have done before. Unfortunately we have been experiencing some stability issues is forcing the matter. Once the holidays are over I will see about creating a new forum. I will archive the current one and will lock down new posts once the new forum is up. I will see about finding a way to support easier picture hosting.

And it does take money, what little revenue there is barely covers hosting cost. Currently I work three jobs and do not have room for higher expenses so I will have to take things slowly. I appreciate your patience and to those who still support the site, I am eternally grateful.

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.

Follow us on Twitter! @WIXHQ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:52 am 

Use Flickr mate.
ImageA65-084 Douglas Dakota taking off date uk_edited_2 by Brenden Scott, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:08 pm 

Xrayist wrote:
exhaustgases wrote:

Us ones that live on a pittance fixed income, that still have to pay upwards of 600 a month to pay property taxes even if your house is paid off, yeah rent to live in your own home, and then of course all the other expenses required to live. Some of us just can't afford it, but if I won the power ball then yeah I'd be a top donator. Digital storage now is very affordable compared to the old days of 420 meg hard drives.