Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:23 pm 

Has anyone seen the Warplane Workshop series that was filmed in 2020? They're currently airing it again on UK's Channel 4. I've watched three episodes so far as they are releasing them every Thursday. First episode I watched followed the restoration of a Hurricane, episode two was the restoration of a Hawker Tempest with its original engine and this past week's episode was the restoration of a Spitfire at Biggin Hill. Looks like you might be able to find some episodes on YouTube as well. Well done series and nice to see Warbirds being brought to a mainstream audience. Hadn't heard of this series before even though it's from four years ago. Worth the watch if you find it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 am 

The first series was from 2020, the current one is series 2 and is new. The Tempest only flew a few months ago.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:06 am 

Just went out and grabbed them - thank you for the heads up!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 am 

dhfan wrote:
The first series was from 2020, the current one is series 2 and is new. The Tempest only flew a few months ago.

Ah, that makes sense. I just looked it up on IMDB and it gave the 2020 date. I'm really enjoying the episodes. Can't wait to see what today's release will be.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:03 am 

corsairfan wrote:
dhfan wrote:

Ah, that makes sense. I just looked it up on IMDB and it gave the 2020 date. I'm really enjoying the episodes. Can't wait to see what today's release will be.

Last nights episode following TFC in buildup to last year's Flying Legends at Church Fenton was very good, if a little sad, knowing that TFC have since announced that there will be no Legends this year at Church Fenton or anywhere else.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:30 am 

Having renounced my TV licence*, I was quite pleased to be able to watch the first two episodes of the new series on Channel 4 Catchup last night - the ability to sign into my C4 account on my TV with the help of my phone was very useful and an education - isn't technology wonderful. Sometimes...

I shall look forward to watching the next episode (or two) later today.

*For the non-Brits: if we British don't pay an annual TV licence fee which funds the BBC, we are not allowed to watch any live broadcast TV at all but we can watch channels other than the BBC via catch up, which suits me. :D