This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Little Gransden Airshow piccies

Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:25 am

What an excellent show, with a lovely laid back atmosphere. Even the weather couldn’t spoil it. Wonderful displays by the Aerostars and SallyB as well as many of the local based types. Cracking cup of tea too. What more could anyone ask for. (more sun I suppose). For our Transatlantic Cousins, Little Gransden is a very small airfield in Cambridgeshire (almost a farm strip) that puts on an airshow each year in aid of Charity. As you can see its a fantastic location and a great event.

A big thank you to all of the organisers and of course Met24 my intrepid chauffeur for the day. Good to see Janie again (both flavours) and meet up with Yak11Fan, Jorgo and Auster Fan for the first time.

Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:18 pm

Very nice photography! You, Robbo and Eric sure set the bar high.

Mike

Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:38 pm

Wow MOTF, thanks for sharing! This is why I love coming to WIX. If I don't get to see it in person at least I can see it through someone elses eyes. Awesome photography! Always enjoy seeing everyones pic on here. Keep them coming.

Dave D.

Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:31 pm

Wonderful shots! I usually don't do too well shooting against an overcast or hazy sky but you seem to have mastered the art.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:31 am

Thanks chaps

ANZT is indeed a Jackaroo. I believe SallyB and the Lanc have flown on formation but it wasnt a very close one and it was a very long time ago. The BBMF now have policy of not formating with any non BBMF pilot.

Its is a similar reason why SallyB and Pink Lady wont fly in formation together.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:19 pm

I remember seeing a photo of the BBMF Lanc flanked by two B-17's (Sally B and Pink Lady I think) in pretty close formation about ten to fifteen years ago.

Richard

PS. Great pictures MoTF!
Post a reply