Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:29 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Folks,

I was recently a bidder for many of the Lancaster cockpit reconstruction parts on EBAY from the late Gordon Howell collection.

I was bidding on behalf of former RAAF Lancaster squadron association members who wish to collect parts to complete a reconstructed Lancaster cockpit display for donation to an Australian Museum.

We were able to secure the following major parts:
partially completed cockpit replica,
partially completed Main Flight Panel
completed Engineers Panel
Control Wheel and column
Blind flying Panel
Compass/bank indicator/8 day clock and panel
misc parts cockpit lamp/drift sight/escape axe

unfortunately we were unable to secure the canopy frame, seat and throttle.

We are interested in sourcing other Lancaster cockpit parts to complete the project over time such as:
throttle,
seat
trim wheel
rudder pedals
Canopy or parts
Autocontrols steering lever Mk IV
appropriate radio/ radar equipment R1455 H2S etc
Navigators angle poise lamp
Navigators parallagram
etc

The long term aim is to work towards a display similar to that undertaken by Norman Groom forward of the wing leading edge and covering the radio operator/Navigators position, the cockpit, and perhaps forward towards the bomb aimers position if parts for that area can also be fabricated/located?

http://website.lineone.net/~norman.groom

We are already in contact with Norman Groom and understand many of these parts are "rarer than hens teeth" and some may need to be scratch built for the display as he has done.

However we are interested in all leads on any original parts in any condition that might support this project.

We are also keep to make contact with other similar cockpit rebuilders such as Bernie Salter and Jeremy Hall and contact details would be greatly appreciated or details of any other sources of such parts and assistance.

please contact me via Private Message or my direct email below,

all assistance is greatly appreciated

regards

Mark Pilkington

iramoo@bigpond.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:28 am 
S/N Geek

You may want to contact the Toronto Aerospace Museum. They are currently restoring the Lancaster that was on the Toronto waterfront for many years. I don't know if they have spares of what you are looking for, but it can't hurt to ask.

Mike

http://www.facebook.com/AerialVisuals

Do you want to find locations of displayed, stored or active aircraft? Then start with the The Locator.
Do you want to find or contribute to the documented history of an aircraft? If so then start with the Airframes Database.

Post subject: Lancaster Bits
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:12 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Mark,
I have one more NOS RA10DB radio receiver in the box. This came from a stash which was left over from the Martin Baltimore production, and not used after production ceased in 1944. I also have the power cable which is appropriate for this radio. I have already provided one of these to a Lancaster restoration project. If you are interested, let me know. As I said, this is the last one I have in my collection, and I won't get any more unless I find any more that were purchased before I came across the lot.