Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post subject: Chilean Cobra
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:42 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Scott:

I have a few photos of the Chilean Cobra, if you want them. This particular helicopter was modified in Chile, to work in forestry; the market never developed for the modification, and thus, the only example was used and has been for sale for a while now.

Following is some data I collected on Civilian Cobras:

COBRA HELICOPTER • BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL!! award winning restoration, good times over 900 k invested, will sell for 650,000 serious buyers only need respond. respond by phone only please Contact Mike Muraski located Bellevue NE USA. Telephone: 402 960 0431. -- Posted 12 December 2002

mikemuraski@cs.com

N-209H:

EXTERIOR
Gray
Rated - "9"

INTERIOR

coming
Rated - "8"

REMARKS

Engine derated to 1280 HP
Lift 6000 lbs
Converted to Civilian
Used in many movies

PRICE: $700,000 USD

All Specifications Subject To Verification Upon Inspection

Copyright © 1999 Island Aero Services

9548 Canora Rd
Sidney, BC V8L 4R1
Victoria International Airport
Phone:250-656-7627 Fax:250-655-1135
Web site: islandaero.com
terry@islandaero.com

The Chilean Cobra:

www.copters.cl

Ver bajo material de vuelo (see under flight material)

209 Cobra Lifter

Good Luck

Martin Busquets

EAGLE COPTERS SOUTH AMERICA S.A.
Las Torres 1375 B, Huechuraba,Santiago de Chile
Tel: +56 (2) 213-3337 - Fax: +56 (2) 213-3329
e-mail: ventas@eaglecopters.cl
www.eaglecopters.cl

Another company selling at least one Cobra in the past:

www.garlickhelicopters.com

Saludos,

Tulio

I am one of them 'futbol' people.

Will the previous owner has pics of this double cabin sample

GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Press "1" for English.
Press "2" to disconnect until you have learned to speak English.

Sooooo, how am I going to know to press 1 or 2, if I do not speak English????

Post subject: Re: Chilean Cobra
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:56 am 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

Tulio wrote:
Scott:

I have a few photos of the Chilean Cobra, if you want them. This particular helicopter was modified in Chile, to work in forestry; the market never developed for the modification, and thus, the only example was used and has been for sale for a while now.

Thanks Tulio, I would appreciate that!

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.

Follow us on Twitter! @WIXHQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:06 am 

The HARS group in Austrailia have at least two Cobras one of which they are in the process of putting back into the air. If I remember correctly they are later models with the flat glazed canopy. They were demilled by having the spar for the stub wings cut.

As for Humvees there are plenty for sale in Europe, surplused by the US forces over there.........go figure

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:16 pm 
WIX Motor Pool Officer

Rob, I spoke only of Humvees and M-151 series jeeps, NOT weapons carriers. More than one mil-spec Humvee on the road today has been pieced together from "residue", the trick is to source a decent body and to sell you're family and decendents into slavery to pay for the parts and work that you need to put into it to get it roadable. My navy comment was meant to show that it's not just Uncle Squidward who can get his knickers in a twist about equipment that's been written off. :ouch:

Portland is a no go for me since I just came home on monday from five days of touring the republic and I'm not ready to turn right around and do it again. :rolleyes: However I am planning to go to Nashua so long as something doesn't come up and spoil my plans. No promises, but I think I might just make it.

We attack at dawn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:29 pm 
WIX Motor Pool Officer

I went up with ma n' pa. Ma needs help getting around with her wheelchair and oxygen hook up and I really hate to make pa do it alone. Plus the puppies go too and they need to be taken care of as well. It does not leave a lot of time for side trips. We spent the weekend driving around MDI and Acadia, watching the boats come and go at N.E. Harbor and trying to avoid being dive bombed by a Bald Eagle, also at N.E. Harbor.

As a side note Rob, have you ever been to the Cole Land Transportaion museum in Bangor? I ask because I went there this spring for the first time in many years and had a very hearty laugh. The "land transportation museum" now has a UH-1 outside mounted on a pole.

We attack at dawn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:55 am 

Alfred,
Cole's has some Great stuff in there, I've been several times over the years. As for his Huey, as you may have noticed, they have several military memorials on site. Galen Cole is a WWII veteran, was involved in the liberation of Luxumberg, and sponsers events for veterans of all wars. His WWII memorial has a Jeep with a GI in it(the figure is a likeness of a friend of his KIA) and his Viet Nam memorial has a Huey. If you should be in Bangor again let me know as I live right here in town. Would be great to get together.
Don

Also, decide some years ago to find a Jeep instead of a Mutt. Now to just ge t one! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:50 pm 
WIX Motor Pool Officer

My first trip to Cole's was the very first year they were open. Over all I think their collection is excellent, however some items have been "restored" without an eye to historical accuracy. The fact that the WC 56 command car has the engine serial number stenciled on the hood as the registration number and they insist on calling it a 1944 when Dodge had stopped producing command cars by then I find a bit irksome. All you have to do is stick your head in the side and the D.O.D is clearly stated as 1943 on the dataplate. I tried to bring these facts to the attention of those working at the musem and was greeted with an attitude of "who does this guy think he is". They think because it's in their museum and thats what their cards read then it must be right and anyone who thinks different is wrong.

Of course NEAM does the same sort of thing on the jeeps they have by promoting the myth that the name jeep comes from the letters GP. Whenever I read that on their signs I think they ought to stick to aircraft or at least do some rudimentary research. Cole's should try to do the same.

See what ya did Don, you got me ranting on inconsiquential crud. I'm not planning on being back up that way till spring sometime, if then. I have been staying in Ellsworth on my trips north, but the motel I stay at no longer takes pets and I've yet to research where else will take them. Hate to miss out on Pat's pizza for any great length of time so I'll figure something out eventually.

See ya somewhere down the road.

We attack at dawn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:40 pm 

Yeah, but it was a good rant! :wink: I can't say as I disagree with you as far as either place goes. But some of those opinions are not for public perusal. And as I said, whenever your up give a holler.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:09 pm 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

Just a reminder, we do have a Cobra Registry so any pictures of civil cobras or cobras on display are always welcome.

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.

Follow us on Twitter! @WIXHQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:21 pm 

As another former member of the Maine Aviation Historical Society, just let me say that the fallout from the Coles excursion still lingers in more ways then one.