Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:28 pm

RMAllnutt wrote:
With respect to possible F-84 candidates, I seem to remember that the MAAM has a P-84B (46-666) in its collection which they own outright. It looked pretty complete last time I saw it, but it's stored outside, so who knows what it's like structurally... of course, all you really need is money to put one of these back in the air. Most everything except the engine could be re-made on these early jets in a similar manner to what's been done on WWII warbirds. It just takes willpower and financial fortitude! Would be fantastic to see one back in the air!

Cheers,
Richard

Last time I visited I asked about the P-84, and the docent said that the it is owned outright by the museum. The MAAM also has an F-86 stored behind their main hanger.

The P-84 is in need of some major TLC. I took some detailed pictures of the plane and chose not to post them here... due to their "graphic" nature. (Lots of rot :( )

Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:33 pm

Cozmo,

I hadn't seen the Beatrice T-33 in years, and I was really impressed with how original it still is. The city must have put it on the poles as soon as they got it judging from the lack of several coats of brushed-on paint. It is really a nice time capsule T-bird from what I could see. Even has seats in it!

Scott

Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:53 pm

Hal B wrote:
Second Air Force wrote:Well, I found one of my photos of the Creighton airplane. Ellen took this picture with my trusty Polaroid in 1977/78 when it was just tied down in the park. I have an overall shot of it somewhere..... :wink:
Scott

That's more like the way I remember it... Think I saw it back in '78 myself; if my CSR isn't acting up.

HEY!

I found the photo of the Creighton F-84F today. I took this one of the jet, Ellen, and the mighty 1970 Lincoln (I really miss that car....) about a year after she took the one of me in the cockpit. The fighter was nearly pristine in 1979 when she shot this picture.
I need to get up there to look the airplane over again--I can't believe it has been thirty years since I've seen it!

Re: Nebraskan F-84s...

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:19 am

I was in Nebraska back in June. The Spring flooding they were experiencing prohibited me from visiting the birds in Neligh and Creighton, but I did make it to Omaha where I found these two...

This one is outside a VFW in Omaha:
The SAC Museum's example:

Re:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:40 pm

Second Air Force wrote:
HEY!

I found the photo of the Creighton F-84F today. I took this one of the jet, Ellen, and the mighty 1970 Lincoln (I really miss that car....) about a year after she took the one of me in the cockpit. The fighter was nearly pristine in 1979 when she shot this picture.
I need to get up there to look the airplane over again--I can't believe it has been thirty years since I've seen it!

We managed to stop at Creighton this week during our airbase research trip and the old F-84 looks pretty good (other than the flat replacement canopy segment). I was glad to see that not too much deterioration has happened in the last thirty-one years since I last walked around the airplane.

Scott

Re: Nebraskan F-84s...

Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:05 am

Made it to Neligh last week. The RF-84 is still there, but in pretty rough shape...

ImageUntitled by Bryan Darnell, on Flickr

Post a reply