Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Fudpucker World Airlines

Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:58 am

What ever became of Fudpucker World Airlines founded by Dudley Fudpucker aka John Schafthausen? I was a charter member and had my wing and flight cap. I'd like to get them replaced. Any of the 'older' crowd here remember this???

Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:14 am

I still have my Fudpucker cap with the square globe on it.

Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:27 am

Seek, and ye shall find...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fudpucker-World-Air ... dZViewItem

Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:47 am

Jack,

Thanks for bringing this up! I hadn't thought about the regal Fudpucker firm for many years, now I feel the need to dig through my piles of old magazines to find an ad to post! Also, thanks to ebay for once again being a source for important historical artifacts. :roll:

Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:07 pm

Ah! The Fudpucker convention of 1974 - Windsor, Ontario.

I remember it well, it was in black and white.

PeterA

????

Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:35 pm

I was at a show and John Schafthausen was there in his P-51D. When he saw me wearing my
blue Fudpucker cap he marched up and salauted me!!
That was cool!!

Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:07 pm

I think this is Jack’s sneaky way of getting us to admit our age.

??

Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:51 pm

Unfortunately I'm part of the 'older' crowd also :?

Re: Fudpucker World Airlines

Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:24 pm

Jack Cook wrote:What ever became of Fudpucker World Airlines founded by Dudley Fudpucker aka John Schafthausen? I was a charter member and had my wing and flight cap. I'd like to get them replaced. Any of the 'older' crowd here remember this???

Do you mean John Schafhausen? Sadly he passed away a few years ago, but I'm sure you knew that.

Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:28 pm

Back in the 70s I was living in Spokane and would often see Schafhausen's Corsair at GEG.

I didn't know he had passed away.
My late mom's boyfriend was a fellow member of the country club and a friend of Schafhausen and said he was once buzzed on the fairway by a speeding Corsair.

Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:28 pm

OK, I thought I'd heard of most things aviation but Fudpucker World Airlines is completely new to me (I think I should be embarassed to admit that but what the heck...) I was unable to find much info on it online, it appears the sites that had info about it are now defunct. Could someone fill us in on the ins and outs of FWA?

Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:19 am

I remember his P-51D painted as Cripes A Mighty appearing in Air Classics, probably in the early 80's. He displayed all of Preddy's kills, even the partial credit he shared with another pilot. Where is that airframe today?

Ken

??

Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:22 am

Kermit Week's now. My memory says NL921 (?) :?:

Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:41 pm

He buzzed a golf course in a Corsair??!!! I SALUTE HIS MEMORY!

Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:34 am

Being of the younger set I had never heard of Fudpucker either. Did a little googel work and........

made me lauch,

http://zippogallery.com/images/Fudpucker1979.jpg

Eric
Post a reply