Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post subject: Rob Rohr
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:47 am 

Hi all,
Regularly I would not even think of making a post like this one however I feel that it is justly deserved. Over the (considerable) time that I've been a part of the 'community' here, Rob Rohr has made a great many posts on a great many topics. I have to admit to there being times where I didn't like Rob's approach and the spelling/grammar issues sometimes compounded this (I'm not having a go at you Rob, since we all have different abilities).

In recent times Rob has been the subject of some debate -both on here and on the FlyPast forum also. Since this time, Rob has made what I consider a serious attempt to improve the spelling and others issues within his posts. This is commendable in itself.

Then there is the whole issue with the U.S. Navy. While many people might disagree with the level of passion that Rob displays, he is a man who is going beyond the normal call of duty to actually organise a meeting with senior NMNA (I think!) staff in regards to discussing policies, etc. Mike Rawson is to be commended for his significant involvement in this as well.

Rob also manages to inform us of new U.S. Governement bills that might affect the warbird movement, seemingly as soon as they are created. Then he sets into action towards finding loopholes and potentially fighting the bills.

I've never spoken to Rob on the phone nor even had any direct communication with him electronically. But Rob, although you might be an almost larger than life character, I'd like to thank you for your efforts in matters mentioned above and those that aren't. I mightn't agree with everything you discuss however a joy of the free world is that I don't have to. Regardless of that I am well aware that you are simply trying to do the best that you can. Rob, thanks for your efforts mate, and keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:05 am 
S/N Geek

Agreed.

Mike

http://www.facebook.com/AerialVisuals

Do you want to find locations of displayed, stored or active aircraft? Then start with the The Locator.
Do you want to find or contribute to the documented history of an aircraft? If so then start with the Airframes Database.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:47 am 

Rob,

I fully agree with Matt and Mike.

Well done and keep it up.

Cheers

Cees

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:52 am 
Yea, Good job Rob. As for the Navy I would expect that much from them. When I was crawling in the intakes of the A-7s I would see FTN marked with a black marker in the intakes and on every thing else for that matter, And It doesn't stands for Fun Time Navy.

Navy Poetry

I _ucked in Europe,
I _ucked in Spain,
I _ucked up and down the coast of Maine,
I won't be happy,
as happy as I can be,
Untill I _uck the Navy like the Navy bucked me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:04 am 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

In regards to warbirds and especially the Navy Rob is one of the most passionate individuals I've ever met. This can sometimes get the better of him but his intentions a honorable.

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.

Follow us on Twitter! @WIXHQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:28 pm 
Well Col Rohr

What can I say !!

You old silver tounged devil

Are all these people saying nice things about you on drugs or what. I guess I knew you when you were just an objectionable ugly fat old fart like me so I prefer to think of you like that still if thats OK !

I would just love to see you turn up to the Navy meeting in a suit and tie and you could dress a couple of your "executive assistants " up in office clobber up as well - now that would be something to see - I would pay money to see some of the faces of a few people when that happened!!!!

Well done mate. I will ring you on Saturday - If you can fit me into your busy schedule that is.

Regards
John Beauregard Parker
AVM SSAF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:53 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Good post.....yeah Rob's one of my favorite posters.....Viva Rob!

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:54 pm 

Ah Sir John,
Nice to see you rear your head up from the moors! As for the Colonel, well, Let's just say I give him an "A" for effort :wink: . But as one who has dragged Rob from the bowls of hell at "0" dark thirty for airplanes, I have to agree, he's a little rough around the edges until he gets an airplane on his scope! Some one had a little too much Moxie(or not enough!) before posting all this gushy stuff :shock: . That said, Give'em Hell, Rob! :twisted: As for you John Hope all is well in Old Blighty or whatever the saying is! And I hope you got my photos.
As Always,
Don

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:16 pm 

Is Rob still a member of the WIX board? I understood that he had imigrated full time with the Brits and moved to the Flypast Forum.

Of course he's had to change his callsign to "Wing Commander".

Cheers Rob, just don't f**k up with the Navy or we'll cut your balls off.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:59 am 

srpatterson wrote:
Cheers Rob, just don't f**k up with the Navy or we'll cut your balls off.

Steve

Yeah, all five of them :shock:

Cheers

Cees