Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:42 am 
WRG Staff Photographer & WIX Brewmaster

When I was stationed at NAS Lemoore in California I remember seeing a AT-6 / SNJ on top of an old gas station along Highway 40 going toward Fresno. Does anyone know if it is still there; if it was an AT-6? I did not have an engine and was basically sitting on the firewall tail up. Does this ring any bells? I don’t have any pictures, Sorry.

Post subject: Gas Station T6
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:38 am 
Co-MVP - 2006

It was a BT-13 and was still there a few years ago.
It's in almost has good shape has our Gas Station B-17G.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:42 am 
WRG Staff Photographer & WIX Brewmaster

Thanks, I wish that someone would / has save (d) her. What a shame too see it rot away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:25 am 
I was stationed at NAS Lemoore also. In the Jet shop, AIMD. I tried to buy it but the guy would not sell. I was told it came from the former abandoned army air corp base that is now used by cotton farmers. " Out the main gate of NAS lemmore and to the right about 4 or 5 miles and then left for about a mile and look for the hangers" Remember all the S-2's at Fresno air terminal.. Someone told me they scrapped them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:55 pm 
DOES ANYONE HAVE A PHOTO OF THE BT-13 ATOP THE GAS STATION EAST OF THE SALT LAKE CITY AIRPORT?IT WAS CALLED BT-13 SERVICE THE BUILDING IS STILL THERE ALTHOUGH THE BT IS LONG GONE I THINK IT WAS THE SAME ONE DESTROYED BY THE C.A.F. LAST YEAR.HOW ABOUT A BOOK ON ROOF TOP A/C?THERE IS THE B-17,P-40,A-26.LANCASTER,SEVERAL BT-13S,F-4U,ANYMORE?WHERE ARE THE SURVIVORS?HOW MANY ARE STILL ON GUARD?THANKS MIKE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:39 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

[quote="I THINK IT WAS THE SAME ONE DESTROYED BY THE C.A.F. LAST YEAR.[/quote]

Why such a bias against the C.A.F.?

We do not set out to "destroy" anything. Our main goal is to preserve.

Your statement left me with the impression that you believe that when C.A.F. airplanes have accidents, it is because the C.A.F. does it on purpose. Wrong by a country mile, bud.

Tulio

I am one of them 'futbol' people.

Will the previous owner has pics of this double cabin sample

GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Press "1" for English.
Press "2" to disconnect until you have learned to speak English.

Sooooo, how am I going to know to press 1 or 2, if I do not speak English????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:54 pm 
SORRY BIG SHOOTER MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE SAID IT WAS DESTROYED AFTER CONTACTING A UTILITY POLE WHILE MAKING A VERY LOW PASS.I WAS NOT ATTACKING THE C.A.F.JUST STATING THE FINAL OUT COME OF AN AIRCRAFT THAN HAD ALOT OF INFLUENCE ON ME AS A KID.I GREW UP WEST OF SALT LAKE CITY AND HAVE FOND MEMORIES OF SEEING THAT BT-13 FOR MANY YEARS BEFORE WARBIRDS WERE OF ANY VALUE.I DREAMED OF BUYING IT AS A YOUNG BOY ,IT WAS SOLD FOR $2000.00 THE YEAR AFTER I MOVED TO MINNESOTA! IVE OWNED A BT FOR SEVERAL ,ITS NOW UNDER RESTORATION BY THE WINGS OF THE NORTH THEY OWN 50% OF THE PROJECT AND ARE MAKING GREAT PROGRESS!!WE ARE ALL SAD WHEN AN A/C IS WRECKED OR DESTROYED BUT ITS EVEN WORSE WHEN ITS PILOT ERROR.PLEASE DONT GET ME WRONG IVE ENJOYED SEEING MANY OF THE C.A.F.S A/C OVER THE YEARS AND HOPE TO SEE MANY MORE IN THE FUTURE.CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW PROJECT I TAKE CARE OF 4 OF THE AIRWORTHY PTs IN MY AREA A 19,23,AND TWO 26s ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE GOLDEN WINGS A/C.IF I CAN BE OF ANY HELP TO YOU ON YOUR PROJECT FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME THANKS MIKE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:28 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Sorry, Helldivers.

I did not allow for anything in your post, and therefore, blew my cork . . . my apologies to you.

Un saludo cordial, : )

(I can write what it means, but I'll leave it up to you to find out)

Tulio

I am one of them 'futbol' people.

Will the previous owner has pics of this double cabin sample

GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Press "1" for English.
Press "2" to disconnect until you have learned to speak English.

Sooooo, how am I going to know to press 1 or 2, if I do not speak English????