Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:02 pm 

All that's available online is the current data. I wish the FAA would be more like TC and provide historical information. They list the following contact information

Phone Number:

(405) 954-4206
Mailing Address:
FAA
Aircraft Registration Branch, AFS-750
PO Box 25504
Oklahoma City, OK 73125

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:06 pm 

Ok, upon further reading. Individual aircraft records may be requested, for $6.25 per aircraft on CD-ROM, and for paper it's $2 for the search, $0.25 for the first page, $0.05 per page for subsequent pages and an additional $2 if the record has to be pulled from storage.

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraft.asp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:03 pm 

You can get historical aircraft files from the FAA if you don't mind waiting a while. If the file is inactive, the records often have to be pulled from storage centers with the National Archives but the are available. It will cost some $, with a small recall fee and then copying and/or putting the information on CD. Request the records through the Aeronautical Center's Registration Branch with registration number, aircraft type, and serial number (if known) that the FAA carried against the aircraft. If that isn't known, supply the msn and military serial. The clerks in OKC can usually come up with the files eventually.

Usually you can request the registration file, or the maintenance file, or both, though the maintenance files can sometimes run to many, many pages (good information, though).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:29 pm 
Aerial Pirate

I used to buy Microfiche from the FAA in Oaklahoma City many years ago. I don't know if you can still buy them, but maybe they still have old ones for sale?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:07 pm 

Rob,

I don't think they will do that for you, as that research is beyond the scope of their files. They can pull registration records for you, both current and historic. The FAA Registration Branch website can provide a listing of aircraft currently registered to an owner, but that is for current aircraft only. Also, of course, any variances in how an owner spells his name or the company name(s) may cause some aircraft to be excluded from the search result.

Scott Thompson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:26 pm 
Been here a long time
Been here a long time

Kernel, why not try Bill Larkins? He has a lot of old registration records on paper from annual registration updates(?).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:40 pm 
Been here a long time
Been here a long time

Col. Rohr wrote:
Will try Mr. Larkins whats the best way to contact him on one of the Yahoo Boards or another way.
I would try one of the Yahoo boards. I know he frequents http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T6-SNJ-Harvard/ (among others).

BK