Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:16 pm

Great Video and if you ever get the honor to ride with Nelson, you will always remember it :D

Thanks Nelson...

Lynn

Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:17 pm

Wow! :shock: What a ride! :D

I'd love to see that video in high-res full-screen!

Very cool! 8)

Dean the impressed

Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:22 pm

Thank you for the link! An excellent video - it really shows the pure enjoyment in flying these aircraft. It looks like it flies like an airplane should fly.

Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:54 pm

VERRRY NICE. BUT...I wanna' know who the midget running the camera was.
I know how much room there ISN'T behind the pilot.

Mudge the large :oops:

too bad they put muzik in the video...

Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:04 am

..the sound from the cockpit of that is VERY SWEET...yes I do personally know cauze i have been there---in that plane---with lefty flying it.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:15 am

Short sleeves and no helmet. Just like the good ole days...

I hope the Feds don't see that video. Low-level acro with a passenger is a big no-no these days.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:01 am

DB2 wrote:Short sleeves and no helmet. Just like the good ole days...

I hope the Feds don't see that video. Low-level acro with a passenger is a big no-no these days.

Breckenridge has an aerobatic box....

Lynn

Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:11 am

DB2 wrote:Low-level acro with a passenger is a big no-no these days.
What do you mean by that? Illegal, ill advised or 'pollitically incorrect'? I am not US based so simply curious about your statement.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:54 am

Regardless of whether or not there is a hot aerobatic box, I believe you have to file a form (7711?) with the FSDO, and have it approved, each time you wish to fly aerobatics below 1500 AGL with a passenger.

Does everyone do that all the time? No way. But if some Fed with a a stick up his tushy sees that video, he could bring the hammer down on Nelson (re: Bob Hoover).

I believe on AvWeb or some other news outlet recently there was an article about the FAA bringing action against a pilot based on a video posted on the internet.

All that said it is a great video!

Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:45 am

Umm, not being able to see the altimeter, I note that all of the aerobatics were done after a several second steep climb, more than enough to climb through 1500' AGL.

Also, I doubt the FAA would take action against Nelson unless they had reliable proof that he'd violated the FARs, especially after the Hoover fiasco which made them look like a bunch of vindictive little children (like most of their other actions recently haven't...).

Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:43 pm

DB2 wrote:Regardless of whether or not there is a hot aerobatic box, I believe you have to file a form (7711?) with the FSDO, and have it approved, each time you wish to fly aerobatics below 1500 AGL with a passenger.
Wow - something we can do with fewer restrictions here in the UK, thats a rare thing!
Post a reply