Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: What airplane did you see flying today?(airplane spottin

Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:45 am

Twenty minutes after the Catalina and another former warbird just passed from west to east:

Dakota PH-PBA from the Dutch Dakota association, still in KLM livery, doing it's Dutch castle tour and one of those castles is in my home town.

Eric

Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:05 pm

A T-41B early this morning in the Florida Panhandle. :)

Short video link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_vKnr1GfvM

Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:13 pm

A T-41B early this morning in the Florida Panhandle.

Spent many an hour over the panhandle in a CAP T-41A on SAR missions.

Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:16 pm

Old SAR pilot wrote:
A T-41B early this morning in the Florida Panhandle.

Spent many an hour over the panhandle in a CAP T-41A on SAR missions.

Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:36 pm

Saw a B-25, C-47, and gear down TBM heading east towards the Detroit Fireworks.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:18 pm

Collings Foundation B-25 did a couple fly overs of downtown Toledo and shortly afterwards their B-17 "Nine-o-Nine" flew over headed northwest, now sitting at Toledo Express Airport.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:29 pm

I barely got a gIimpse, but I believe that FIFI just flew over my house. I live in Fort Collins, CO, about 60 miles north of Denver.

Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:42 pm

We landed at Dulles KIAD this morning and parked at Ross Aviation on the West side and across the ramp was the P-51 "Quick Silver" I wonder much his ramp fees were??

Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:12 am

CAF P-63(the future pinball :lol: :P ) stopped in today for fuel. Didn't get a chance to get up close but I did snag a few pics. Any CAF'ers know where she was heading? Went westbound. Made my day!

Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:34 am

Nellis AFB Aviation Nation Air show

steve dickey wrote:CAF P-63(the future pinball :lol: :P ) stopped in today for fuel. Didn't get a chance to get up close but I did snag a few pics. Any CAF'ers know where she was heading? Went westbound. Made my day!

Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:28 pm

steve dickey wrote:CAF P-63(the future pinball :lol: :P ) stopped in today for fuel. Didn't get a chance to get up close but I did snag a few pics. Any CAF'ers know where she was heading? Went westbound. Made my day!

I did some of my growing up in Safford and my earliest warbird memory is that of one of the Whittington brothers stopping for gas in "Precious Metal". I was only about six years old at the time but I still remember the high speed low pass and very steep climb out. Awesome!

Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:26 pm

210 hp T-41B taking off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93ETdpwgO4s

Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:45 am

At aprox. 9.30 AM in Zeist in the Netherlands a very nice looking Douglas A4 Skyraider moving towards the Dutch National Army and Air Museum which is just a couple of miles north of here.
It was just to far away from me to see the registration number, but I think it was 125716/F-AZFN - France/Didier Chable since it carried fueltanks as well as rockets.

Eric

Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:46 pm

Was down in Dayton this morning, saw a VC-25 circling the area around 1:00 PM.

Thu May 18, 2017 12:43 pm

At 14.00 Central European Time the Spifire of the Royal Netherlands Historical Flight going south at only 1700 feet on it's way to Gilze-Rijen airbase.

Eric
Post a reply