Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: What airplane did you see flying today?(airplane spottin

Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:45 pm

SOCOM Chinook overflew my yard at about 500 AGL last night, could make out the refueling boom in the twilights as it headed to the Southwest.
Seems like forever ago that I flew in those in the Army...

Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:21 pm

Just after 2:00, a DC-3 / C-47 type flew directly over the office building I was working in, southbound at fairly low altitude. It was headed directly away, so I couldn't make out any markings or livery. Nice sound to hear on a boring work day!

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:28 pm

Lon Moer wrote:Spent the weekend in Napa CA - there for the Indycar Finale at Sears Point Raceway - and there was a DC-3 flying over the valley both days.
I presume some operation is doing 'wine country air tours' in a DC-3. (?)

Was pretty cool having the rumbling radials as background noise when we were BBQing, ect.
8)

I was correct. :)

https://www.goldenageairtours.com/
(their picture)

Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:34 am

Saw a big bad BUFF last night. A modern/classic, retro warbird that's 50+ years old and still in service!

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:09 am

Yesterday my dad texted me. He was taking his regular walk after lunch at his work in Wallingford when he heard jets above. He looked up and saw a pair of F-15s with another pair right behind.

Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:18 pm

Warbird Kid wrote:Yesterday my dad texted me. He was taking his regular walk after lunch at his work in Wallingford when he heard jets above. He looked up and saw a pair of F-15s with another pair right behind.

Hey Chris,

They must be practicing for the Patriots Super Bowl parade... 8)

Phil

Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:33 pm

phil65 wrote:
Warbird Kid wrote:Yesterday my dad texted me. He was taking his regular walk after lunch at his work in Wallingford when he heard jets above. He looked up and saw a pair of F-15s with another pair right behind.

Hey Chris,

They must be practicing for the Patriots Super Bowl parade... 8)

Phil

Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:18 pm

About 9:30am I was in line at Whataburger when I heard a nice droning sound. Puting the server on hold, I stepped out to see a twin Beech and a T-6 together heading northish generally away from Ellington area. Couldn't ID due to overcast muting.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:05 pm

Okay, about 6:30 PDT I saw the Super Guppy in the landing pattern for Moffett NASA/Ames.

too far away for any potato pictures

Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:01 pm

The CAF Minnesota Wing's B-25J "Miss Mitchell" has been up flying around this evening on its first post-annual flight of the year - this, the most spring-like day here in Minnesota so-far this year. As I understand, she'll be heading out to the east coast for some appearances out there next month.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:50 am

Dawn patrol by a Blackhawk this morning, wonder what it was doing at 5:30a

Sun May 06, 2018 7:33 pm

Spotted at KFTW today:
- B-26K "Special Kay" doing engine runs and taxi tests
- C-49J "Southern Cross" doing training flights
- several US Navy T-45As doing training flights

Beautiful sunshine, light winds, temperature in the upper 80s... sa-weeeet!

Mon May 07, 2018 11:36 pm

Fifi was out and about for a few hours today. Touch & Go's at Alliance, fairly steep turns and figure eights over Justin. Seemed like a training flight.

Wed May 09, 2018 8:59 am

mike furline wrote:Fifi was out and about for a few hours today. Touch & Go's at Alliance, fairly steep turns and figure eights over Justin. Seemed like a training flight.

Definitely training. They're preparing to go out on tour. I think they leave next week.

Wed May 09, 2018 8:26 pm

I saw a Grumman Goose fly on Saturday...from seat 2B!
Post a reply