Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: What airplane did you see flying today?(airplane spottin

Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:42 pm

Yesterday I saw a T-6 heading north.I live 10 miles north of KDWH (Tomball,Tx.).Love that radial engine sound.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:40 pm

Some Collings aircraft stopped at Dupage County airport KDPA, west of Chicago after their Oshkosh visit and stayed from Monday through Wednesday. Their B-17, B-24, and B-25 were available for inspection and rides. I live about 3.5 miles from that field and today they were using the long runway 2. I believe they are heading to LaFayette , IN this afternoon for the same purpose. About 2pm I was on the phone with my brother and two of the above flew low over my house with all of that round sound at full glory. We were discussing some flight simulation computer questions at the time and that magnificent sound was the perfect background theme.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:57 pm

forkedtail wrote:Some Collings aircraft stopped at Dupage County airport KDPA, west of Chicago after their Oshkosh visit and stayed from Monday through Wednesday. Their B-17, B-24, and B-25 were available for inspection and rides. I live about 3.5 miles from that field and today they were using the long runway 2. I believe they are heading to LaFayette , IN this afternoon for the same purpose. About 2pm I was on the phone with my brother and two of the above flew low over my house with all of that round sound at full glory. We were discussing some flight simulation computer questions at the time and that magnificent sound was the perfect background theme.

I heard the arrival from my office today, but didn't see them come in. Hoping to pop over on my lunch hour to check things out tomorrow. It's been a while since I've seen the Collings aircraft.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:33 pm

I got there after work just as the B-17 and 24 were taking off for the last flight and will do the same tomorrow. The Mustang isn't here yet for some reason. Flightaware shows it 'last seen by Danville, Il' yesterday.

Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:23 pm

The Mustang made it sometime today.

When I was walking from the parking lot to the terminal building tonight an ambulance was coming in. By the time I got inside I missed an incident by 30 seconds. A 172 with a stuck rudder had made one approach on runway 23, gone around, landed on 28 (90 degree crosswind), ran off the runway, across the other runway and came to rest in the grass. Glad the pilot is ok! Witchcraft had to stay up a little longer than normal until they checked and cleared the runway after the incident.

https://www.jconline.com/story/news/loc ... 894500002/

Short cell phone video of Witchcraft:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE9l7yI9-HU

Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:22 pm

A Super Cub type (Piper or Legend, Carbon, perhaps a Wag, but not a Husky because it had rounded wingtips) on amphibian floats.I
You don't often see amphibs on smaller aircraft.

Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:18 pm

It only sort of counts cuz I know they are in town, but I saw both Yankee Lady and Doc on my drive to work this morning.

Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:37 pm

Last (?) Saturday, I was flying up to KCZL to get some fuel and check in with some friends. A natural metal Caribou was doing stop and goes. That's a nice sized airplane to go so slow in the pattern. I asked the pilot over UNICOM where he was based and he indicated McCollum Field in Kennesaw, GA.

I need to track those guys down and beg for a ride...

Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:55 pm

On Friday, 8/17, I was at the Cleveland Browns pre-season game and sometime between 8:00 - 8:30, it looked like a Super Hornet was on approach to Cleveland Hopkins. It was flying like commercial traffic does into Hopkins. The game had started at 7:30, so it was not a flyover.

Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:25 pm

B-17 Madras Maiden pulled up on our ramp here at EPPS Aviation, KPDK, a little while ago. I am told that they will be here all week & Labor Day weekend.
Robbie

Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:28 am

C-130 made 3 low passes over Vermilion, Ohio during morning. Probably knows someone as aircraft did a wing roll...may be heading to Burke Lakefront for National Airshow... :|

Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:17 pm

Tuesday morning about 9:00, sitting on the verandah at a hotel in Key West having breakfast, Wifey and I saw several F-5's (aggressors?) on approach to NAS Key West. Neato!

Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:18 pm

Just had a B-25 fly over my house east to west, central Connecticut.... :?

Phil

Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:37 pm

Tom Cruises flew in and landed at NAWS China Lake. His Mustang whistles a bit louder than others I've heard...They're filming Top Gun II here (aerial shots).

Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:38 pm

Tom Cruise flew in and landed at NAWS China Lake. His Mustang whistles a bit louder than others I've heard...They're filming Top Gun II here (aerial shots).
Post a reply