Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: What airplane did you see flying today?(airplane spottin

Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:17 am

Just south of Zeist in the Netherlands I saw Douglas C-47A PH-PBA from the Dutch Dakota Association on it's way back to Amsterdam Schiphol Airport afer doing a tour over some of the battle of Arnhem sites.

Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:31 pm

I heard a Huey. Couldn't see it thanks to a mountain in the way.
Don't know if it was an Air Force "N", the Sheriff's office new "H", a state fire fighting "H" or someone else...(contract fire ship or possibly a logger or external-lift aircraft.).

Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:34 am

Sunday, Oct. 13: beautiful day for flying!
- GGA's C-49J Southern Cross on a test flight following some engine maintenance.
- CAF's Tora! Tora! Tora! B5N Kate on a test flight following some maintenance.
- a radial powered high wing monoplane, possibly a Howard DGA, taking off from KFTW.

And parked in the VFM hangar was a surprise (to me) visitor in the form of Randy Ball's beautiful MiG 17F. Nice!

Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:15 pm

Saw Blue Angel either #7 or #8 yesterday headed to Navy Ft. Worth for some PR work for this weekends Alliance show...

Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:54 am

Really nice OV-10 Bronco arrived at FTW yesterday. I'm hearing it went down to the Cold War Museum.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:04 am

Combatmech wrote:Really nice OV-10 Bronco arrived at FTW yesterday. I'm hearing it went down to the Cold War Museum.

That's the one from Chino that was restored by California Aerofab.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Today was a really "good airplane day" in Fort Worth!

At KAFW:
Blue Angels practicing for this weekend's air show... zoom!
4x USAF AT-6 doing their landing break
Stearman entering the pattern

At KFTW:
Stinson Reliant takeoff
2x USAF AT-6 landing
F-16 cruising by
OV-10D Bronco taxi out, take off, a couple of passes, land, taxi in... neato!
We launched Randy Ball's MiG 17F this afternoon to head to KAFW for the air show... rockin'!

The Alliance Air Show is this weekend. VFM will have several aircraft on display. Y'all come out and see us!

Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:05 pm

Combatmech wrote:Really nice OV-10 Bronco arrived at FTW yesterday. I'm hearing it went down to the Cold War Museum.

Hmmm, I thought they are no longer in business?

Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:57 pm

I think he meant the Veteran's Air Park and Vintage Flying Museum at FTW. CWAM was at Lancaster (LNC).

Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:47 pm

Wings Over Houston is here this weekend. I was away from the neighborhood for the past couple of days but was keeping an eye cast toward Ellington hoping to catch the F-4 yesterday. No joy. Overcast day tho. Saw the Thunderbirds later in the afternoon today but no other traffic. I musta been on the "in" part of my errands at the durndest times... :? Weather is great, sunny and cool, but with a warmup to mid 80's Sat and Sun.. :D

Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:37 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:I think he meant the Veteran's Air Park and Vintage Flying Museum at FTW. CWAM was at Lancaster (LNC).

Roger that...

Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:50 am

Lynn Allen wrote:
CAPFlyer wrote:I think he meant the Veteran's Air Park and Vintage Flying Museum at FTW. CWAM was at Lancaster (LNC).

Roger that...

VFM and the "Cold War Museum" are separate organizations. Honestly, after working in the VFM hangar for 5 years, I dont know the true name of the other museum or have even been down there. Driving by, they have a lot of cool stuff!!

When the Bronco arrived, it looked like it was gonna park on our ramp, they took a hard right on a narrow airport access road down to the Bronco-fest.

Tried to get a pic, kinda busy trying to rid the B24 of an electrical gremlin...

Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:59 am

Combatmech wrote:
Lynn Allen wrote:

Roger that...

VFM and the "Cold War Museum" are separate organizations. Honestly, after working in the VFM hangar for 5 years, I dont know the true name of the other museum or have even been down there. Driving by, they have a lot of cool stuff!!

When the Bronco arrived, it looked like it was gonna park on our ramp, they took a hard right on a narrow airport access road down to the Bronco-fest.

Tried to get a pic, kinda busy trying to rid the B24 of an electrical gremlin...

To set the record straight...
The (now closed) Cold War Air Museum was at Lancaster, TX. Along with VFM, the other museum at Fort Worth Meacham Airport is the Fort Worth Aviation Museum. They are just south of VFM on a separate plot of land. They host the OV-10 Bronco Ass'n and the Veterans' Memorial Airpark. FWAM used to share our facility until their collection grew to the point where they needed their own place. They have a great collection of aircraft from the Cold War era through modern times.

Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:04 pm

Thank you Dean!! Good info...... Like I said, honestly did not know.

Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:44 pm

Saw the Cactus Air Force TBM-3E N3969A fly today at Carson City NV airport. Also saw Dennis Sanders and congratulated him on his Reno win.
Post a reply