Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

New addition to the WIX... 'FLEET'

Thu May 27, 2004 11:20 pm

Today at Omaka airfield , Blenheim , I helped unload the latest addition to the thriving vintage scene here ..... a 1941 Fleet 16B , N128H, SN 663. It originally served in Canada , but my new boss , Graham Orphan [ Classic Wings ] , purchased it recently in the U.S.
Some damage was sustained to the prop during shipping , so it won't take to the air straight away , but sure will be a pretty sight when it does!

regards
Dave

Sun May 30, 2004 6:43 am

Hi Rob,

Apologies for laying low of late. Obviously been flat out on many fronts. The Fleet is something I am very excited about - first of type in NZ since 1938 and the previous one was also based at Omaka! Other stuff in the hangars? That could get embarrassing as projects outnumber fliers 2 to 1 and I'm just not getting to them the way I'd like. Will get back to this some time soon!

Cheers for now,
Graham

Mon May 31, 2004 5:32 pm

Hi Graham

I am very happy for you - could we see a photo of this soon - I really like this type - you have very good taste. Sorry I missed you at Wanaka - I went looking for you as I have a CD of photos for you that you may like to use or just keep for interest - mostly RAAF and RN types- they are TIFF at 600 DPI is this close to your standard..

I will be over in NZ again soon perhaps we should catch up finally...................

Kindest regards
John Parker

PS the magazine continues to set a worldwide standard - Well done!!
Post a reply