Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Milford, PA UH-1V Huey

Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:15 am

I was able to make one detour on our trip back from Connecticut; this also served as an opportunity to test out my new Nikon D3000. I'm liking this :D

Bell UH-1V (ex-UH-1H-BF) s/n 68-15543 (c/n 10473). Notably, the datablock only says "UH-1", but I'm going with Joe Baugher's classification based on the red cross markings.

A certified Vietnam Veteran

Ex-Mass NG, which is a little odd-was Pennsylvania out of Hueys?

Re: Milford, PA UH-1V Huey

Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:33 am

Nice pics, looks like it was a little chilly there. That bird looks fairly whole, though needing new paint soon, getting a bit ratty around the edges.

Re: Milford, PA UH-1V Huey

Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:33 pm

Possible that it has been grafted a tail from another Huey, looking at your pictures. You can see where the tail number has been scrubbed out, underneath MA-NG, plus the tail seems to be a different colour.
68-15543 actually served in Vietnam longer than the marker says. She arrived out there, brand new in May 1969 and served with the 68th AHC, before going to the 118th AHC in December 1970. Returned to the US in March 1971.
Post a reply