The January 2010 Desktop Calendars are now available from the Warbird Depot website; http://www.warbirddepot.com/desktop_calendars.asp
along with new Mobile Phone Wallpapers; http://www.warbirddepot.com/photo_mobile_wallpapers.asp
This month includes:
1. A formation of three N.A. P-51D Mustangs comprised of Rob Davies in “Big Beautiful Doll”, Maurice Hammond in “Marinell” and Dave Evans in “Janie”. The Mustangs were photographed enroute to Fowlmere in Cambridgeshire on 15 August 2009, almost 65 years to the day that “Marinell” took off from there on 13 August 1944 and was shot down over France.
2. Brendon Deere’s Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX, being flown by Keith Skilling in the skies over RNZAF Base Ohakea on its first air to air session following restoration. Brendon had the Spitfire painted in the markings of his uncle, legendary New Zealand fighter ace Alan Deere.
3. The Vintage Aviator Limited owns and operates three SE.5a fighters. The aircraft are based in Masterton and fly with original Hispano Suiza engines. Although these are replicas they are as close to the original as possible so they are more like a continuation of the production line. Jerry Chisum flies this aircraft on Armistice Day 2008.
4. Ray Scott flying the Fighter Factory’s Hawker Hurricane Mk IIb, RCAF 5667, seen over Geneseo, NY.
5. Amanda Franklin in the left seat and Doug “Rozi” Rozendaal, flying the N.A. B-25J Mitchell “Miss Mitchell” over Midland, TX in 2009.
6. Glenn Goldman flying Dave Tinker's Grumman TBM-3E Avenger "Ida Red" (BuNo 85882) over Geneseo, NY. Photographed from the 1941 Historical Aircraft Group's C-45 flown by Craig Wadsworth.
7. Rob Mackley’s newly restored Boeing Stearman seen over the Awatere River near Omaka in New Zealand. The aircraft was restored by Antique Aero Engineering and is being flown by Stuart Tantrum. A few days after this photo was taken, the aircraft headed to its new home in Auckland, NZ.
8. Flying over San Francisco Bay during the 2009 Classic Jet Aircraft Association's "Jet Blast" gathering held at Yolo County Airport, CA, is Kevin D. Walker in his Aero Vodochody L-29 Delphin, with check pilot Greg Colyer in the backseat.
9. Pacific Coast Air Museum member Bill Greene takes a ride with Greg Poe over Point Reyes, CA. in Poe's Ethanol-Powered Fagen MX-2 just prior to the 2009 Wings Over Wine Country Airshow in Santa Rosa CA.
10. Pierre Wildman rounding a pylon in his de Havilland T55 Vampire at the 2009 Reno National Championship Air Races in Reno, NV.
11. Chartered from Lowa Ltd. in Florida, N88ZL is a 1965 Boeing 707-330B that was carrying President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo of the Philippines during her tour in early 2009 of the newly elected cabinet of the United States. It is seen here landing at SFO on a stormy day at the end of her tour.
12. McDonnell Douglas F-15E Strike Eagle landing at Nellis AFB, Las Vegas, NV during Red Flag 09-1. The unit is 335th FS 4th FW Seymour Johnson AFB, North Carolina.
All desktop Calendars and Wallpapers are available in 1600x1200, 1280x1024, 1024x768 formats and 1920x1200, 1680x1050, 1280x800 Wide Screen formats. The instructions for loading any of the desktop calendar or wallpaper selections are located below the thumbnails on the applicable page.
If you would like Desktop Wallpapers (images without calendars), click on the "HERE" link just above the thumbnails at the top of the Desktop Calendar webpage.
Please feel free to pass this information along to anyone that you feel may be interested in this month’s desktop calendars or wallpapers.
We hope you enjoy this months selections.