Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4022 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 264, 265, 266, 267, 268, 269  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:46 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

We are fogged in this morning with an area of thunderstorms headed towards us from the west followed by another wave from the south this evening. Kay is staying at home instead of going to Waco. We are disappointed to miss an opportunity to share her with show goers. We feel for the folks who have worked so hard to produce the Heart of Texas airshow. Hopefully they can salvage something out of it tomorrow. :(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:24 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Kay is going to participate in a flyover of the Gainesville Tx parade on Saturday 13th at 10 am, weather permitting. We seem to be in a weekly pattern of rain storms on the weekends right now. Gainesville was home to a Division sized Army camp during WW2 along with an airfield that trained pilots in various fighters such as the P-47. There was also a substantial POW camp as well. The city honors all Medal Of Honor recipients each year with several activities including a parade with WW2 aircraft flying overhead. We will be proud to join in the ceremonies. Kay served in England during WW2 in 1945. When we stripped the paint, there were ghost images of her old markings on the fuselage from then and the Korean era.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:10 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Unfortunately, the weather forecast is bad enough for Saturday that Gainesville has cancelled the MoH Parade and flyover. All events will be moved indoors. Kay will stay in the VFM hangar and possibly fly on Sunday afternoon for a quick check for maintenance that was completed over the winter. Our next event is a static display on April 27th at the Fort Worth Aviation Museum’s Props and Hops celebration. Good food and live music plus several visiting aircraft to see. Come visit with us there!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:11 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Kay will arrive at the Abilene Airshow on May 3 about 3 pm. She will fly in the show on May 4 that opens at 8 am and the flying portion starts about 12:30. We will have new hats and T shirts for sale. Come see us there!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:55 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Hops and Props turned out well. Fun day! Abilene is on the agenda for next Saturday if Ma Nature cooperates. On Sunday, we may drop in on the Temple show. Corsicana show is still on for May 11. Barksdale will be May 18. VFM Fly Day is May 25. Busy times for us, but something we have been working toward for nearly 9 years. There are some exciting events coming up in the Fall season. Hope you can come see Kay and visit with us.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:12 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

The Abilene and Temple shows were successes in spite of slow starts due to weather. It all worked out. Now we are sweating the rain forecast for Corsicana next w/e. Something new we just got are Special Kay Challenge Coins. Go to our public FB page for a looksee. No membership or login required.
http://www.facebook.com/a26specialkay

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 5:00 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Unfortunately, the Corsicana folks had to postpone their show until the Fall due to heavy rain creating mud puddles out of the parking lots and viewing area. We hope they find a good alternate date. Next weekend, we will be on display at Barksdale AFB during their show with the Snowbirds for Sat/Sun if Ma Nature is cooperative. See you there hopefully! This is possibly our last show until September. We will try to do part of our winter maintenance program during the summer so we can get an earlier start next year.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:02 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Barksdale was a blast!! We had a great show. The Barksdale folks really took good care of us and the visitors were super. We just picked up a 4th of July celebration at the New Braunfels Airport. That should be a grand event with several Warbirds, live band and a bbq. Drop by to see us if in the area.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:37 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

The Vintage Flying Museum is having “Fly Day” on Sat, 25th from 0800 to 1700 hours. Rides are available on the C-47, A-26 Night Mission, PT-19 and T-34. Flybys are expected from our neighbor, Lockheed Martin/Carswell and may include an F-35 or others. Kay will be on display and cockpit tours will be available. Be sure to come visit. For more info, go to http://www.vintageflyingmuseum.org

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:44 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

The Vintage Flying Museum is the place to be tomorrow (Sat) for Fly Day. Four military aircraft are still slated to sell rides including the A-26 Night Mission. Three WW2 vets will be speaking and answering questions. One is a Pearl Harbor Survivor and one was a POW/Survivor after his B-29 was shot down over Japan. The third is a Navy vet. Kay will be available for tours along with the T-33. Don't miss out if you are in the DFW area. May your Memorial Day be a great one. Thank a vet for the opportunity!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:03 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Kay picked up the Rio Grand Valley CAF show at Cameron Co Airport (Port Isabel) on 22-23 June. This was formerly known as the Brownsville Air Fest which had a hiatus. We are very happy it is back and glad to support the new effort. See y’all there if you can make it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:26 pm 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

Thanks for the update. I look forward to seeing K one day. The A-26 got me into warbirds and the Ks are my favorite model.

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.
HOW TO SUPPORT WIX - Warbirds Resource Group Patreon

Follow us on Twitter! @WIXHQ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:31 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Thanks Scott. Do you recall which A-26 it was or where? Interestingly, I didn’t think a whole lot about the airplane until I saw the one in Amarillo that became the Spirit of Waco and is now Night Mission. That was about 1976 ish. Fast forward to 2011 when I finally got to fly it.That made a believer out of me. Getting to know the A-26 vets made it all that much better. They are the real reason we have put so much effort into the project. Thx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:28 am 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

A26 Special K wrote:
Thanks Scott. Do you recall which A-26 it was or where? Interestingly, I didn’t think a whole lot about the airplane until I saw the one in Amarillo that became the Spirit of Waco and is now Night Mission. That was about 1976 ish. Fast forward to 2011 when I finally got to fly it.That made a believer out of me. Getting to know the A-26 vets made it all that much better. They are the real reason we have put so much effort into the project. Thx

This may be a little silly, but it was the movie Always. The A-26s in that movie had such presence that it made an impression and triggered my interest in warbirds. To this day it holds a special place in my heart. :)

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.
HOW TO SUPPORT WIX - Warbirds Resource Group Patreon

Follow us on Twitter! @WIXHQ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:27 pm 
Group Captain

Staying in Fort Worth at this moment visiting sister in law and giving granddaughters a cowtown Tour. I’ll see you and Special Kay Friday for sure

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4022 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 264, 265, 266, 267, 268, 269  Next