Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Jerry Yagen's collection

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:45 pm

Anyone have a list of what all he has now?
Last edited by Pat Carry on Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Jerry Yeagan's collection

Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:38 pm

Go to www.fighterfactory.com

Should be a list there...

Robbie

Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:50 am

And it's Yagen! :)

Chuck Yeager, Jerry Yagen.

Rich

Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:09 pm

You can go to www.militaryaviationmuseum.org as well to see two hangers full of airplanes.

Chappie

Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:06 pm

TriangleP wrote:Neither website include his reproduction aircraft, the P-26D Peashooter and Hawker Fury I. Not updated I guess. "Yeagan's" museum is near the top of my "must visit" list.

Chuck has a museum? Just kidding. :)

It's fantastic, the only problem is keeps getting better, so whenever you come to visit, it'll be even better the following year. :) It's in a beautiful area (Just south of Virginia Beach), and it's close to NAS Oceana (they have great stuff on display there too), and about 2.5 hours drive from DC, so a visit to Hazy and NASM should be added to make that a nice worthwhile trip from the west coast.

Rich

Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:49 pm

TriangleP wrote:Neither website include his reproduction aircraft, the P-26D Peashooter and Hawker Fury I. Not updated I guess. "Yeagan's" museum is near the top of my "must visit" list.

If you look at the live feed on the museum website, the Fury can be seen aft of the Hurricane in the feed of the Air Force side. And the Peashooter is in the lower left corner in the feed of the Navy side. Neither one has flown since being reassembled at the museum. A little hard to see at the moment as the lights are lowered for the night.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:30 pm

richkolasa wrote:And it's Yagen! :)

Chuck Yeager, Jerry Yagen.

Rich

Thanks for pointing that out. Correction made.

Re: Jerry Yagen's collection

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:58 am

does anyone have a definitive list of how many A-20s and P-38s he owns? I know Japanese Sandman. Strange he doesn't have a P-47, certainly not for want of them being available.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:02 pm

P-38G "Dumbo!" 42-12847

P-38H "Japanese Sandman II" 42-66905

Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:07 pm

sorry for all the posts: http://www.aerovintage.com/b25news3.htm

states he has an A-20 for trade. can anyone give a s/n? can we infer from this that he has others. I seem to recall him stating he had several A-20 airframes.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:32 pm

Pat Carry wrote:Anyone have a list of what all he has now?

Well, add to the list(s) at least 3 currently under restoration at Meier Motors Germany.

1. A Buchon being converted to DB (recreating an early G-model?, ex N109FF)

http://www.meiermotors.com/de/aircraft/ ... n/130.html

2. An original Bf 109 G (-6 ?)

http://www.meiermotors.com/en/aircraft/ ... 109-g.html

3. A Fiat G.55 conversion using a Fiat G.59

http://www.meiermotors.com/en/aircraft/ ... auro-.html

Michael

P.S. The english version of the pages seems not to work / be installed

Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:13 pm

He also has a Ki-61 Hien (Tony) under restoration and several Fw190s of various marks.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:10 pm

kalamazookid wrote:He also has a Ki-61 Hien (Tony) under restoration and several Fw190s of various marks.

There has been rumours of converting the new built Flugwerk FW 190 D-9 (ex Tom Blair) Black 12 to Jumo 213. But it seems this project is postponed / on the backburner at least at the moment (or even cancelled at all?).

Michael

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:07 pm

12XU2A3X3 wrote:does anyone have a definitive list of how many A-20s and P-38s he owns? I know Japanese Sandman. Strange he doesn't have a P-47, certainly not for want of them being available.

These are not complete airframes as such, but incomplete collections of parts, some of which have identities. In the case of the A-20 / Bostons, three have come out, from a set of <10 recoveries already; how many more can be made from what's left? Guess away.

HTH

Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:35 pm

I didn't realize his collection was so extensive...it's like the East Coast version of the FHC (or maybe FHC is the West Coast version of MAM?). I'm going to be down in Virginia Beach next March. I'm definitely going to have to make a side trip for this one!
Post a reply