Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Thailand Spitfires.......

Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:58 am

I remember photographing a MK 14 low back at Don Muang back in the 90's. IS there any information on what is out here now? The last one I saw was SM ??? I have the information but it is in Chiang Mai. Many thanks.

Re: Thailand Spitfires.......

Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:06 pm

I took this picture at the RTAF Museum at Don Muong in 2001. I've got a couple others, but they are digitally corrupted.

Link to their website in English: http://www.rtaf.mi.th/museum/English.html

C2j

Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:20 am

SM914, an FR14e.

Totally stock and untouched.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:13 am

Years ago at a CAF show, I was introduced to a young Oriental man, not sure, but I think he was from Thailand. I think he was the son of the King or President or whatever they have. His English was not too good and I mostly spoke Texan, a little English, and no Thai, but it seems he was a military pilot and was interested in Spitfires and possibly getting one flying in his home country. He was medium height and build, dark hair, probalby in his 20s, don't recall any name. Seemed like a nice genuine person, but I don't know anything further about this or him.

Maybe it was all a scam and what he really wanted was to find out how they make such good B-B-Q in Texas. If they could only ski!

Bill, hungry in Colorado

Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:59 pm

Bill Greenwood wrote:Years ago at a CAF show, I was introduced to a young Oriental man, not sure, but I think he was from Thailand. I think he was the son of the King or President or whatever they have. His English was not too good and I mostly spoke Texan, a little English, and no Thai, but it seems he was a military pilot and was interested in Spitfires and possibly getting one flying in his home country. He was medium height and build, dark hair, probalby in his 20s, don't recall any name. Seemed like a nice genuine person, but I don't know anything further about this or him.

Maybe it was all a scam and what he really wanted was to find out how they make such good B-B-Q in Texas. If they could only ski!

Bill, hungry in Colorado

Then, Group Captain Veerayuth Didyasarin, probably higher rank now. Was son in law of the King.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:04 pm

I visited the museum last year.

My set is on yahoo photos.
It includes a vought V-93 Corsair (worlds single survivor) a Curtiss 75 Hawk ,Boeing P-12 and a rare Tachikawa Ki-55 trainer,
among 60 other aircraft

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pvdac/sets ... 153864258/

The spitfire still exists here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pvdac/4647 ... 153864258/

Enjoy the set
Johan

Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:44 pm

Notice in that shot it has the early type spinner as well, nice.
Post a reply