Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

TU-2's

Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:26 pm

Hi,

Is anyone actively restoring any of the TU-2's that are out there?

Thanks,
Mike

Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:46 pm

The War Eagles air museum in New Mexico has one on display do they not? Don't know of any others being actively restored.

Re: TU-2's

Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:41 pm

Chad Veich wrote:The War Eagles air museum in New Mexico has one on display do they not? Don't know of any others being actively restored.

War Eagles has one on static display and one under restoration to flying condition. I was told once that Mr. McGuire bought quite a few TU-2 airframes (I can't remeber if it was 6 or 10) for his restoration, so maybe some will be for sale when the project is completed.

Jim

Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:48 pm

AirJimL2 wrote:War Eagles has one on static display and one under restoration to flying condition.

Does any of the War Eagles collection fly now? I heard that the collection had many airworthy aircraft but they were not flown. Hopefully I heard wrong!

Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:04 pm

bdk wrote:
AirJimL2 wrote:War Eagles has one on static display and one under restoration to flying condition.

Does any of the War Eagles collection fly now? I heard that the collection had many airworthy aircraft but they were not flown. Hopefully I heard wrong!

I think the T-6 may now be flying again, but the rest of the fleet is grounded. I think insurance is the reason.

Jim
Post a reply