Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Wright Cyclone R-2600-29?

Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:52 pm

R-2600-29

Looking for alt v hp curve or similar core data sheets for this engine. Basically need to verify performance curve for this engine for sim use. We have some issues with climb of B25 Aircraft above 15k and I think it may be engine related.

Anyway, core data is what i'm seeking, P&W documents would be perfect but i'll take anything I can get as my radial knowledge is very small.

Thanks guys ;)
Last edited by peril on Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:45 pm

Seriously doubt that you will ever find any Pratt documentation on this enigine since it was designed and built by Wright....

Virtually any B-25 or A-20 pilot handbook should have the performance curves for the R2600-29

Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:16 am

[quote="cvairwerks"]Seriously doubt that you will ever find any Pratt documentation on this enigine since it was designed and built by Wright....

there you go again! nitt picking with minor details!Oh My! :shock:

Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:38 am

You're wasting your time on altitudes for the B-25 above 15K. Most ops were actually low medium heights in real life. The b-25 scoots at around 6K in low blower and around 12-14K in high. The AFM gives heights up to the skies but performance at high weights is lacking..

I've got a few hours on the old girl>>

Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:04 pm

Mmm, this outlines how much I know about this engine, missled by the internet saying P&W in an article ;(

Ask me about Allisons and i'm on the ball, blasted Radials ;) hehe.

The issue is not that we are waisting our time but that we need to match RL figures. Thats why i'm looking for data to set the engines to the correct curve and see what happens re max alt etc.

Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:34 pm

I have power curves for a number of Wright radials that I scavanged from Curtiss-Wright's overhaul facility before thay shut it down in the mid 1980's. Unfortunately, I don't have anything on the R2600. I do have many original leather bound overhaul manuals, parts lists, etc. for many of the 7, 9, 14 and 18 series engines.

I also witnessed the destruction of several million spare parts that Curtiss-Wright refused to sell or donate because of sketchy traceability/lost documentation. C-W hired 3 temp employees for three months to individually de-face and render unusable all of the parts. Most of it was later generation 1820 and 3350 stuff that Skyraider and T-28 owners would have paid dearly for.They filled at least ten 20 foot long dumpsters with scrap metal.
Post a reply