Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:29 pm 

HarvardIV wrote:
Quote:
This sounds like a monumental engineering challenge to me!

Well BDk we'll need SRPatterson and Stumac to show us the right way to do it.

What a friggin idiot...

Harvard IV is either:

1. Some teenage kid who's never flown anything other than a PC, and who has nothing better to do than spend hours on the computer trolling. Or...

2. Someone who's entire knowledge of warbird restoration comes from boxes marked either Revell or Monogram. Or...

3. Some friggin idiot who's just getting in the way of some very serious discussions.

I believe there should be nothing diplomatic about this forum. Ban the little b*stard. Not for a week or two, but kick his stupid *ss off here for good. Come on Scott, it's time to lead WIX to a higher level. This kind of cr*p will kill the forum if you can't control it.

Fix this, and let's get back to some serious work...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:35 pm 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

careful with the snotty comments guys. If, in my opinion, someone is goading someone into an argument I will take action. Operative term here being in my opinion.. you are all adults, act like it. Banning is next...

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.

Follow us on Twitter! @WIXHQ

Post subject: wix
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:13 pm 
Co-MVP - 2006

I can well understand Steve's frustration and response to Chris 's smart *ss comments. Bla-Bla-Bla in my opinion or Bla-Bla-Bla I think wears very thin after hearing it hundreds of times. I just don't think Chris can control himself has he has to make some type of comment on practically every thread. For a time on his ID page here he listed one of his hobbies has arguing. This I believe. Maybe we need a special board section for inane,meaningless, self gratifing chatter???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:36 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Quote:
What a friggin idiot...

Harvard IV is either:

1. Some teenage kid who's never flown anything other than a PC, and who has nothing better to do than spend hours on the computer trolling. Or...

2. Someone who's entire knowledge of warbird restoration comes from boxes marked either Revell or Monogram. Or...

3. Some friggin idiot who's just getting in the way of some very serious discussions.

I believe there should be nothing diplomatic about this forum. Ban the little b*stard. Not for a week or two, but kick his stupid *ss off here for good. Come on Scott, it's time to lead WIX to a higher level. This kind of cr*p will kill the forum if you can't control it.

None of the above:

We already talked about making comments we can't back up. These are groundless. Maybe I have a lot to say, but you can't discredit anything I've said about these attach angles. I'm all ears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:48 pm 
Potato

Hi Chris!

How come any conversation involving you ends up being a steaming pile of sh1t?

Just checking.

Sorry Scott.

Deep Thoughts,
Jack Handy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:58 pm 

Harvard,
You seem to know just enough to show how little you actually know. For example you talk about machining a new angle but the stresses induced during the machining process will be a problem. Guess what this isn't anything new there is a process called passivating that is a common practice done to many machined parts that eliminates stresses induced during the machining process.
My point is shut up and listen a little instead of running your mouth all the time. If you spent half the time working and learning about airplanes than you do gossiping on the internet people wouldnt be so irritated by you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:05 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Quote:
Hi Chris!

Just checking.

Sorry Scott.

Simple, It's called scapegoating. We've got a lot of people with superegos on this board, and I won't back down to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:10 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Quote:
Harvard,
You seem to know just enough to show how little you actually know. For example you talk about machining a new angle but the stresses induced during the machining process will be a problem. Guess what this isn't anything new there is a process called passivating that is a common practice done to many machined parts that eliminates stresses induced during the machining process.
My point is shut up and listen a little instead of running your mouth all the time. If you spent half the time working and learning about airplanes than you do gossiping on the internet people wouldnt be so irritated by you.

If you know more, speak up! Let everybody else know too. You'll earn my respect as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:22 am 
Potato

HarvardIV wrote:
Quote:
Hi Chris!

Just checking.

Sorry Scott.

Simple, It's called scapegoating. We've got a lot of people with superegos on this board, and I won't back down to them.

Huh? Scapegoating? Me no understandee?

Scapegoating what? Each other? Each of us? I guess "SuperEgo"= anyone. I would say anyone who disagrees with you, but, by all apearances, it's anyone who is not you. As far as respect, I don't think anyone here is looking for your's.

Hug's and Kisses,
Orv Bob

Deep Thoughts,
Jack Handy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:04 am 

Quote:
We've got a lot of people with superegos on this board, and I won't back down to them.

Yours is the only ego at play here sonny Jim. You could learn a lot by reading and taking in the comments made by the professionals on this board....but you wont.

Having just spent over a week with one of your adversaries I can in all honesty say there isnt an ego there. You need an attitude check mate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:19 am 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

Great, another useful post locked. The next person who makes a derogatory remark will be banned for a week.

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.

Follow us on Twitter! @WIXHQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3