Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Whats New - March 2011

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:17 pm

Hello everybody, I'm back to working on the Registry for now, trying to slog through the thousands of e-mails that I have received. Obviously it will take some time to even make a dent in them. As I go I will be updating the format of the older sections to a new style that conforms with the format that the rest of the site is going too. Hope you like it. The first section to receive this make over is the de Havilland Venom/Sea Venom section. Check it out and let me know what you think. Individual entries have also been updated within the section and are as follows.

J-1634
J-1758
J-1763
J-1790
J-1799
Fv33015
WZ898
WZ944

More will be added as time and sanity permit.

Re: Whats New - March 2011

Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:52 pm

As I understand it, J-1634 was the original ZK-VNM and was written off in the accident at Ardmore in Dec 1991. The YouTube video you have linked up to that thread is actually of J-1799, which was the replacement for -1634 and also took up the registration ZK-VNM. She first flew last October after some years of inactivity, but I'm sorry to report she suffered a landing accident at Hood Airport last month and so isn't currently airworthy. The aircraft landed heavily and the gear collapsed, so the damage could be serious.

Re: Whats New - March 2011

Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:04 pm

Nice to see registry updates taking place again! Any idea when you might be getting around to updating the WW2 stuff Scott? When you do, I'm sure you will get a great deal of help from the great folks here on the WIX!
Post a reply