Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: Why should you subscribe to WIX?

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:30 am

Scott just PayPal'd a years subscription to you. Thanks for all you do keeping WIX going.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:52 am

Thanks everyone for the continued support. As you can see if you check out the Whats New (http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/whatsnew.html) page as well as the Whats New for 2012 (http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/whatsnew-2012.html) you can see that the site is growing rapidly. This is because of you guys. By supporting the site you have allowed me work on it more and the results are numerous updates and TWO new registries:

I appreciate the continued support, not only from the members of the community but also the moderators who do so much to help keep this place runnning!

HAPPY NEW YEARS! :drink3:

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:35 pm

Okay, just joined the 18 - or however many it is now. Happy New Year, and thanks for all your efforts......

Paul

Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:35 am

Just wanted to thank Scott and the mods who put this great board up and keep it running. It's one of my favorite places to visit each day, so I joined the club and PayPal'ed my subscription funds.

Thanks again guys!

--Tom :supz:

Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:49 am

hi scott,
Paypal has been sending $2.00 every month, could you please tell me where this photo add feature is? I can't tell any difference on my reply/ new topic page?
Thanks Robert

Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:27 am

Enemy Ace wrote:hi scott,
Paypal has been sending $2.00 every month, could you please tell me where this photo add feature is? I can't tell any difference on my reply/ new topic page?
Thanks Robert

It's under the submit button and refers to attachments.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:19 pm

Hi Scott,

Sorry if this is not the appropriate place to post this question.

As the WIX site founder this one is for you.

I have noticed that site members are awarded their ranks (Flight Sergeant, Group Captain, Air Marshal, etc) seemingly linked to how active they are or how many posts they make. As the membership and discussion topics seem to be predominantly American and mostly related to US Warbirds, why do you use RAF ranks for your members instead of USAAF? (e.g. Captain, Colonel, etc).

Thanks for a great site by the way.

Cheers

Barry (Seagull)

Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:37 am

seagull61785 wrote:Hi Scott,

Sorry if this is not the appropriate place to post this question.

As the WIX site founder this one is for you.

I have noticed that site members are awarded their ranks (Flight Sergeant, Group Captain, Air Marshal, etc) seemingly linked to how active they are or how many posts they make. As the membership and discussion topics seem to be predominantly American and mostly related to US Warbirds, why do you use RAF ranks for your members instead of USAAF? (e.g. Captain, Colonel, etc).

Thanks for a great site by the way.

Cheers

Barry (Seagull)

Hi Barry, the rank titles are a holdover from the initial incarnation of the forums and are currently waiting to be replaced with something else, though I haven't figured that out completely yet. As for why British over American, I just though the RAF ranks sound a bit more interesting. :)

Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:01 pm

Fair enough Scott,

Why are you looking to replace them? I think they work well.

Yes, the RAF ranks are interesting and they have certainly stood the test of time, although I don't think the RAF ever had Lance Corporals, this rank was strictly a British Army title.

Alternatively I don't think a change to anything comical, flippant or radically different would find acceptability with WIX members as it appears to me that most of them take the subject matter of this site very seriously and more than likely you would see a revolution, especially amongst the 'Air Marshals'.

My input would be (if the software allowed it) to offer members the choice of service they wanted to be 'ranked' in. For example US Navy, US Army Air Corps, RAF (including Commonwealth air forces), Luftwaffe, Imperial Japanese Navy etc. That way some of your German members might opt for Hauptman or Oberleutnant, British members might prefer to remain as Wing Commander, American members may change over to Colonel, and so on.

Just my ten cents worth (or should that be five pence?).

Cheers

Barry

Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:07 pm

Hello again Scott,

Not sure where to post this one either.

I would just like to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and hope that the new year brings good health to you. Hope those treatment side effects are all in the past.

Cheers

Barry

Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:06 am

Hey, I don't subscribe but donate when I can. Which is what I just did.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:22 am

Thanks!

Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:17 am

Seems like the right thing to do with all of the knowledge and fun this site provides, sent $20.00 by paypal.
Thanks for an awesome site Scott!

Fri May 22, 2015 9:23 am

4RG.I.'S wrote:Seems like the right thing to do with all of the knowledge and fun this site provides, sent $20.00 by paypal.
Thanks for an awesome site Scott!

I appreciate the support!

Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:38 am

Hi Scott,
I'm new here and am looking forward to learning much from your members.
I would like to post a picture of an item I would like identified. If I make a donation of $24 or more, do I get the attachment facility or do I need to subscribe?
Regards.
Post a reply