Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:51 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Can we add an F-100 to Jeff's NAA list? That would be quite a heritage flight! 8)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:39 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Jeff Hunt wrote:
Made my hotel reservation this week and I am looking forward to working the photo tour and photo pit again this year.

Throw a few T-6s, T-28s and a few B-25s to go with the Mustangs and the F-86 and it will make a great North American Aviation get together. Now that would be a great formation pass...

T-6
P-51
B-25
T-28
F-86

Would it even be possible given the airspeed differences?

Cheers,

Jeff :spit

Probably would work if the Sabre used full flaps and the T-6s were "balls to the wall". :wink:

Mudge the humorist :hide:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:13 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Nice addition with the F-86! Couple Mustangs on the list that I haven't seen in awhile too. Should be another great one at Willow Run!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:41 am 
k5dh wrote:
Can we add an F-100 to Jeff's NAA list? That would be quite a heritage flight! 8)

I AGREE - you really need Dean Cutshall's F-100F Super Sabre in there for a truly great NAA "Heritage" flight!

I really wish there was an F-100 out there with a USAF Heritage Flight currently qualified pilot. We NEED an F-100 in the Heritage Flights.

Barring that, I would love to see a 4-ship Heritage Flight at Thunder Over Michigan in 2012 for the 65th Anniversary of the USAF. My first choice would be an F-15/F-4/F-86/P-51.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:47 am 

Jeff Hunt wrote:
Made my hotel reservation this week and I am looking forward to working the photo tour and photo pit again this year.

Throw a few T-6s, T-28s and a few B-25s to go with the Mustangs and the F-86 and it will make a great North American Aviation get together. Now that would be a great formation pass...

T-6
P-51
B-25
T-28
F-86

Would it even be possible given the airspeed differences?

Cheers,

Jeff :spit

It is possible as it was done at Kissimmee, Fla back around 1999-2001... I was crewing for the late Jimmy Rossi in his Mk. 6 Sabre and they did a formation with the all 5 of the above a/c... As best as I can remember it was T-6 (Warbird Adventures), T-28 (Bob Dale), B-25 (Tom Reilly -Killer B), P-51 (Bob Tullius - Donald) and F-86 (Jimmy Rossi - Crapshooter) - although technically Jimmy's Sabre was a Canadair and not a North American - it was still cool...
It would be cool to see again... Mike

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:02 pm 

Went this year and enjoyed it except for the weather that kept Hot Stuff in Indy for so long. If they could just find a way to get a Douglas A-26 to the show. This aircraft saw action in WW2, Korea and Viet Nam should be showcased. I wanna hear the R-2800's.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:55 pm 
pjpahs wrote:
Went this year and enjoyed it except for the weather that kept Hot Stuff in Indy for so long. If they could just find a way to get a Douglas A-26 to the show. This aircraft saw action in WW2, Korea and Viet Nam should be showcased. I wanna hear the R-2800's.

AGREE that an A-26/B-26 Invader would be an OUTSTANDING aircraft to bring to Thunder Over Michigan.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:03 pm 

Maybe some Luftwaffe...be a nice compliment just as the Zero's were last year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:03 pm 

Hey THUNDER Fans!
Tickets are now on sale for the 2012 Thunder Over Michigan Air Show!!
For all the WIX'ers out there, use the promotional code 'TOM2012' for an additional $5 off the current general admission ticket price!
Act now as the promotional code is only good until December 25th, 2011!!
Go to http://www.yankeeairmuseum.org/airshow/ ... ickets.php for more information.
As always, thanks for the support of the Yankee Air Museum.
Regards,
Kev

Yankee Air Museum
www.yankeeairmuseum.org/airshow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:15 pm 
kevin walsh wrote:
Hey THUNDER Fans!
Tickets are now on sale for the 2012 Thunder Over Michigan Air Show!!

As always, thanks for the support of the Yankee Air Museum.
Regards,
Kev

Thanks, Kevin! That is great news. Looking forward to an outstanding warbird lineup next year. More than 25 Mustangs and and maybe hopefully at least another 10 to 20 other types of warbirds would make a Thunder Over Michigan truly worth remembering. Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see the performing aircraft/warbird list grow over the next few months.

:D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:47 am 

jwc50 wrote:
Can't wait to see the performing aircraft/warbird list grow over the next few months.

:D

I think that's one of the best things to hold me through the winter...just seeing the updates and letting the anticipation grow!

http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/donate.html

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:01 pm 

Just a quick reminder that the exclusive deal on THUNDER OVER MICHIGAN Air Show general admission tickets ends at midnight on Dec 25th!!
Hurry! This is your last chance to save 50% off the gate prices!!
Click the link to buy yours now!! Remember, to get the exclusive 50% off gate pricing, enter this secret code: TOM2012
http://​www.yankeeairmuseum.org/​airshow/purchase_tickets.php
Happy Holidays WIX'ers!
Kevin

Yankee Air Museum
www.yankeeairmuseum.org/airshow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:13 am 

Nathan wrote:
Long time no post here:

I might have to consider going next year now. Even if just a couple level passes would be great! I've never seen a mig 21 fly either and would love to see that too! Seen them static but never fly.

:supz: if you like to see a MIG-21 used to be at WILLOW RUN AIRPORT, right now is in chicago this winter, owned by WILL WARD, also own's a MIG-17, only WILL own's the two MIG-S not YANKEE AIR MUSEUM, the AP is license,DON FOSTER, not like YAM who have NON LICENSE people working on the aircraft, if you check on to YOUTUBE, you can see both aircraft on video, i used to help DON with the two MIG'S , because of health problem's will be sitting this out,

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:23 am 

We are very excited to have the following P-51's attending "Mustang Mania",

The Commemorative Air Force's P-51C Mustang "TUSKEGEE Airmen"
Vlado Lenoch's P-51D Mustang "Moonbeam McSwine"
The Tri-State Warbird Museum's P-51D Mustang "Cincinnati Miss"
Mike George's P-51D Mustang "Worry Bird"
Doug Matthews P-51D Mustang "The Rebel"
The Warbird Heritage Foundation's P-51D Mustang "Baby-Duck"
Tom Patten's P-51D Mustang "Sweetie Face"
Tony Buechler's P-51D Mustang "Petie 2nd"
Mark and Dave Murphy / Russell Cecil's P-51D Mustang "NEVER Miss"

More to be added soon!

(Just added)

THUNDER OVER MICHIGAN

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:30 pm 

capt.grumpyly wrote:
Nathan wrote:
Long time no post here:

I might have to consider going next year now. Even if just a couple level passes would be great! I've never seen a mig 21 fly either and would love to see that too! Seen them static but never fly.

:supz: if you like to see a MIG-21 used to be at WILLOW RUN AIRPORT, right now is in chicago this winter, owned by WILL WARD, also own's a MIG-17, only WILL own's the two MIG-S not YANKEE AIR MUSEUM, the AP is license,DON FOSTER, not like YAM who have NON LICENSE people working on the aircraft, if you check on to YOUTUBE, you can see both aircraft on video, i used to help DON with the two MIG'S , because of health problem's will be sitting this out,

Last rummour I heard Will W. was selling the Mig21, Any truth to that?

Looks like it is shaping up to be another excellent show, fingers crossed for good weather.

Cheers Dave C

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next