Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:49 am
Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:12 am
Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:04 pm
Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:46 am
Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:30 pm
Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:04 am
Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:39 pm
Scott WRG Editor wrote:No Personal Attacks - this is not allowed and messages containing personal attacks will be deleted. If you are registered I will try and e-mail you with an explaination. If you post as a guest then it will just be deleted. I am the sole judge of what constitutes a personal attack. In general, calling people names, either directly or indirectly (ie the $@$#% who recovered Spitfire ZXC111) constitutes a personal attack, further definitions will be added if necessary.
No Profanity - The future of the warbird movement is the kids, as such I try to make the WRG as a whole kid friendly. So no profanity. Posts with profanity will be edited.
No Spoofing - There will be no "spoofing" of other users identities, either from the WIX forum or other forums. The use of names already in use or close variantions will not be tolerated. Posts that violate this rule will be erased and I will traceroute your ip and ban you. If an exsisting member uses a fake id to spoof someone elses id then that person will be banned and every post he has ever made will be deleted. I do not take this lightly and will treat such actions seriously. So do everyone a favor, don't do it.
No Multiple Accounts - Users are entitled to one account and one account only. Multiple accounts will be deleted.
Nudity/Sexual content - Nudity and sexually explicit photos are not allowed on the forum. The exception to this is images of artwork applied to aircraft that represent a historical aircraft or actual historical images of the original aircraft. These represent aviation history. It will be up to me to decide what is sexually explicit and I will deal with violations in whatever manner I deem approriate.
Rude/Disruptive Behavior - Rude or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. This is a friendly place and people are entitled to thier opinions. But express them diplomatically and politely. Since rude or disruptive behavior can be a vague definition I will PM you ONCE asking you to chill, if you continue then a 14-day suspension will be necessary.
Politics - It has become evident that discussions of a political nature cannot be done in an objective fashion about this subject that people are so passionate about. So, unfortunately, political discussion is prohibited as of March 19, 2007. You have been warned, so anybody who posts a political post or baits a political discussion will be banned for 30 days, repeat offenders will be banned permanently.
Religion - Religion is another hot topic that doesn't have a place here, so religious discussion is forbidden. You have been warned, so anybody who posts a religious post or baits a political discussion will be banned for 30 days, repeat offenders will be banned permanently.
As Judge Dread once said "I am the law!". This might seem harsh but I am trying to provide a community for the warbird movement and I will do what is necessary to protect the friendly environment we have developed on these forums.
Rules for the WIX forum regarding copyright
The Warbirds Resource Group forums are not legally responsible for the writings of its individual members, and thus it is the members responsibility to make sure thier posts are legal in regards to copyright. Regardless, repeated copyright violations will make the forums look bad and will I would ask that we all strive to avoid this! Here are some rough guidelines for copyright:
Every country is different, but there are some general guidelines:
- Copyright on text and drawings/artwork typically expires after 70 years after the creators death.
- Copyright on photographs expires either 50 years after the photo was taken, or 70 years after the photographers death, depending on country.
- Copyright for materials originating from the Third Reich expired when the war ended. All materials produced by the U.S. Governement (including U.S. Army War Photographers) are in the public domain.
- Copyright is granted at the moment of creation and needs not be marked as being under copyright for that protection to exsist. The burden of proof is on the copyright holder but we should respect that and not compel them to have to enforce thier rights. Its just not cool.
- 'Fair use' is a vague concept at best. In General it should be okay to use one or two photos from a book, typically for educational use. More than that is pretty much getting into copyright violation. Regardless, full source disclosure and credit should accompany these items. If not the it is essentially plagarism.
- You can't copyright facts. No matter what, no one may e.g. copyright the technical data of an aircraft. What can be copyrighted is how the information is presented.
In general I do not want to have to create any strict rules on the subject. If a copyright holder requests a picture removed from the forums or even the rest of the site I will see that it is removed. So let's police ourselves and try to honor the rights of the copyright holders.
Thanks, any correction to this information or suggestions for additions would be welcome.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:01 pm