Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: Tiger moth T-5414 CF-MAD

Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:41 pm

We already have the makings of an air to air shoot with C-GSTP. I'm still a member at Edenvale and sponsor one of the aircraft.
Unfortunately I have to work for the next five days, so, I'm not going to either get together. Eric Dumigan (AIRIC) is a friend and we will get him involved to shoot a few Tigers in the air. He takes fabulous pictures and he is a great guy!

Andy Scott

Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:10 pm

Not sure why I wasn't getting email updates for postings to this thread but I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw you had her all assembled!! Well done to all she looks fantastic.

Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:39 am

What a fantastic looking bird, Andy! Great job by all! If you get the chance, bring her down to Windsor. She would look great beside the Yellow Birds!!

Don

Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:12 am

Andy, I just discovered this thread. I have not been around much so what a great find. Thanks for posting the progress. So great to see the Moth come together. Can’t wait to see it at events around Ontario and of course Geneseo.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:14 am

Thanks everyone, for the interest and kind words.
We have been busy hammering out the last few details. Obviously necessary, not so photogenic however.
Sunday we had a fabulous milestone reached. We received our C of A! :D YAY!
We rolled her outside to do the compass swing and do a few engine runs.

here's a link to a clip of her moving under her own power for the first time since we got her!

http://youtu.be/oBlfirQVfFE

First flight will be soon. pop2

Andy Scott

Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:20 am

Great to see Andy

Hopefully you guys will have everything completed and can attend
the Tigerboys Open house at Guelph on the 3rd w/end in Sept

Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:23 am

Now that would make a most appropriate debut wouldn't it?
First flight will be this week (fingers crossed). If everything checks out, we'll be there.

Thanks Cam.
Great idea.

Andy Scott

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:05 pm

We flew our Tiger Moth today! Yay us!!!
She performed flawlessly. We did three flights and almost two hours total. One small adjustment and she flew straight and level, hands off!
Before the first takeoff I headed down to the downhill end of the runway. This is how she looked coming down the hill (I was there to help Danny turn around. No brakes and ten foot high corn :shock: )

I got him turned around.

and......

......away she went! Danny did a fantastic job! He was the best test pilot we could have wanted. Thanks Dan :drink3:

Here are the three happy owners with Mr. Wat Martin. Thanks Wat for all the expertise and hospitality!

Woo Hoo! A great day! :drinkers: :supz:

Andy

Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:35 pm

Congrats Andy and team! I am hoping to come up your way for some biking at Blue Mountain, I will keep my eyes on the sky! I was up a few weeks ago and saw the Tiger out of Edenvale flying over the village, that was nice addition to my day :D

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:57 am

Congratulations Andy, that is a great looking Moth.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:33 pm

Must be a great feeling to see your hard work airborne once more. She looks great!

Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:00 pm

Thanks Dan
Thanks Baz, Yeah we're pretty pleased. I'm also pretty exhausted. I've been Tiger Mothing in every spare moment, so we're definitely looking forward to playing with our toy at last :D
Thomas, be sure and E-mail me when you're coming up to Blue. We've weighed our options and we've decided the best place for our aeroplane is Edenvale. If we can meet up, I'll introduce you to two moths for the price of one. :lol: You can check out CF-MAD and I can also show you around C-GSTP and the rest of the ECAF collection. Lemme know.

Andy

Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:44 pm

Congratulations to you and Dan and Mike from Robin and I, Andy!

You can't beat success!

Dave

Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:43 pm

No matter how good they look on the ground, they always looks better in the air. After surviving a world war and a tough civilian life afterwards, it looks like T-5414 is in good shape to cruise along to her 100th birthday (and beyond).

Congratulations to all of you. It's come a long way from a collection of airplane parts strapped to a trailer in Geneseo!

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:10 pm

Yeah!! Well done to you all, she looks great. I'm checking out on one in England at the moment so weather permitting I'll be having a bit of practice this weekend, really looking forward to it. :drink3:
Post a reply