Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: Tiger moth T-5414 CF-MAD

Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:01 am

Congrats! Any video of the first flight?

Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:42 pm

Here is 5 minutes of footage of the first flight - takeoff, three segments climbing out, landing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW4TXT42 ... load_owner

Flight was brief - climbout to 3000', slow flight, a few stalls, landing.

Aircraft has logged 7 flights since Tuesday, 5 hour check Saturday, all good.

:drink3:

Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:30 pm

Congratulations to everyone involved. It is always a wonderful day when one of these old birds takes to the sky again. Well done!!

Don

Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:27 pm

Thanks everyone, thanks Mike, for posting that video.

We're really happy with how well she is performing. I'm hoping to do some flying tomorrow and I really like "Fleet16B"'s idea to take her to the Tigerboys fly in in Guelph. If the weather is good, we'll be there!

Andy

Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:11 am

Whooo! She looks terrific.. well done! :drink3:

Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:09 am

DH82EH wrote:Thanks everyone, thanks Mike, for posting that video.

We're really happy with how well she is performing. I'm hoping to do some flying tomorrow and I really like "Fleet16B"'s idea to take her to the Tigerboys fly in in Guelph. If the weather is good, we'll be there!

Andy

Andy hope to see you guys there but one question
There are three owners, so who gets to walk the wing ? :lol:

Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:35 pm

We knew all along that this wouldn't work, if we couldn't share :wink:

I know for a fact that nobody wants to see any of our ugly mugs walking wing. Our tiger had a previous life as a glider tug though, the boys do have a glider. Hmmmm.......

Hey Cam is the date for the fly in Sept 21 & 22?

Andy

Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:10 pm

Andy
Yes you have the date correct
For over 30 yrs now the Tigerboys Open House has been on the 3rd w/end in Sept both
Sat and Sun.
Hope to see you guys there

Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:05 pm

MJD wrote:Here is 5 minutes of footage of the first flight - takeoff, three segments climbing out, landing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW4TXT42 ... load_owner

Flight was brief - climbout to 3000', slow flight, a few stalls, landing.

Aircraft has logged 7 flights since Tuesday, 5 hour check Saturday, all good.

:drink3:

Thank you!... and well done! :D 8)

Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:32 pm

Congrats!

If you get antsy waiting for the 21st, CHAA is having our Wings & Wheels car show & fly-in on the 14th at CYTB.

:partyman:

Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:10 am

Hey thanks guys,

I've never been popular before :lol: Now I'm gettin' invited to all the dances :lol:

We will definitely think about CYTB. Cool!

Andy

Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:44 pm

Fantastic job Andy & friends!! Thanks for the video, a friend of mine said the field looked like the movie "Signs" :shock: I Said NO! the movie "Field of Dreams"!! " If you build it .... :D . Congrats... "Keeping it Two"!! :lol: , Anthony

Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:02 pm

Thanks Anthony.
That ten foot high corn was pretty intimidating. It had to be corn, it couldn't be soybeans or grain this year :shock: Wat had the guy who leases the farmland cut down about five extra rows on each side of the runway for us. That was a big help. The Tiger is running great. Flew in it yesterday :D . As far as "keeping it two" we're going to try out a couple of different propellers. Since 1966 our Tiger has sported a climb prop for towing banners and gliders. It's kinda like it's stuck in second gear :wink: . She'll always have two wings and two prop blades :D .

Andy

Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:51 pm

hey Andy I've posted a request for an Alloy head for my Gipsy Major in the Vintage aviation section on here. If you know of one available please let me know. Happy flying!
Cheers
Baz

Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:00 pm

I'll keep my eyes and ears open Baz.
Do you just need the one?

Andy
Post a reply