Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: L-Birds ...

Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:39 pm

Thanks a million, Mark! 8)

Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:00 am

Awesome! Thanks, Mark.
Have any more of RAF KJ L-5s??? KJ405 in particular?

Stoney,
There's a full set of images in the L-5 blueprints showing how to install the shackles. I've always wanted to do it. Most were used for cargo drops/hauling, but I do have a neat photo of an L-5G with two blue practice bombs on it from 1945... I see a lot of flower bombing potential...

Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:59 am

Mark,

Thank you for posting these pics of a hitherto neglected group of 'working' warbirds.

I enjoyed the photo (#12 in part 1) of the V2 with the rare addition of a pulse jet on its back.

Great pics - thank you again.

BG

Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:17 am

I completely agree that these L-types were quite valuable and important during the wars. Good to see interest in them still today. They certainly are Warbirds aren't they. And thx for pointing out the bomb shackles on the wings, I now see several photos showing these shackles on the wings, very interesting.

And of course you're all very welcome. It's really not much effort on my part. Hope there's some good one's in there for some of you.

Fun stuff :drink3:
Post a reply