Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

talk about a long distance relationship!!! don't piss her off, she might mail it to you postage due!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:40 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Raven wrote:
I have to ask.

You been paid?

Since at the end of this article Tom's business (which deals in the items mentioned in the article) gets a free plug.....should he be paid? Haven't read all of it yet but it looks good Tom.

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:59 am 

Good article. I've read about people collecting instruments and even restoring complete panels but never really took the time to find out about this hobby. I would imagine you're right about a lot of attics and old foot lockers being opened by family members and these items showing at shows and on E-Bay. Some family members with no clue as to what these "Thing-A-Ma-Jigs" are.

I read somewhere recently, maybe on the WIX about a former AVG pilot taking up a campaign to teach young school children about the war years since while attending an elementary class as more a less a "Show And Tell" item the teacher introduced him to the class as a World War Eleven veteran.....

You might suggest to Challenge to give you a little larger type next time and maybe even another page...Regards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:22 pm 

Excellent write up, Tom! For those of us who are instrumentally challenged,(I know the instruments and their uses[nice fuel guage alarm clock!] just not the ins and outs of manufacture and collectability as a hobby) I think you article should make a good reference for the "Newbie" collectors! Iread your article as soon as I received my issue, but, I wasn't on the WIX for a couple of days, so I just figured I had already missed this discussion! :oops: And to think I could have been the first to say congratulations! :wink: Look forward to your next installment!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

robb, haven't been paid yet for this 1. haven't been stiffed yet $$$ wise from previous contributions to the publications either. as to my personal joke re: your spelling / grammar, i know this is a long standing fun joke that everybody has fun with. i know you're a gentleman & take the pokes as such. only fun implied with me too, laughing with you, not at you, as your aviation history knowledge credentials are above most on this board, including me, so it all balances out in the long run. glad your moved & back on line again. best, tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

don, thank you for your kind comments. wow!!! my first 2 responses were from the state of maine before the rest of the 49 states. you "lobstah" boys are on the ball!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:49 pm 

Tom, i'ts the steady diet of Lobstahs, Clams and Beyah(with a Moxie Chasah!) that allows us Down-Eastahs to maintain such an intrepid pace!
Finast Kind!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

go easy on the oysters!!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

only mentioned it in sympathy for spouse / girl friend's sake. you know the old theory on oysters...... :heart: :snakeman: hey!!! !!!! james bond swears by em!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:55 pm 

Clams, Muscles and Lobstah make oysters pale in comparison! If a Mainer had been on Her Majesties Secret Service, Well we may have not won the cold war any sooner, but Moscow Nights would have been a lot Warmer :shock: :wink: !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:16 pm 

Now Col Rohr

The great South Land is home to some of Gods best Sea Food and I must admit to liking more than the odd Oyster - You need to persist and try some good oysters - you have probably been eating rubbish Yankee ones !!

Kindest regard
AVM Beauregard Parker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hey lobstah heads!!!! this schmuckeye buckeye has tasted the infamous maine steamer clams. fabulous!!!! almost better than makin whoopie!!!! anybody else read my article yet?? is it in the zzzz snore column or is it ok??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:34 pm 

Tom

For those of us dozy basteds that get our copy from a slow boat from Manilla - perhaps you would like to post the article before I die of old age waiting to see it - It is 10.30 on Saturday morning here just so you know the time difference

Regards
AVM Beauregard Parker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

be nice to your wife setter..... or you may not get the actual mag from manila until 2007!!