Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

He's decided to take whatever heat comes with "right clicking and saving" old photos from all over the internet and hosting in a flickr account. I wish him the very best. He's a good man.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/133697406@N05/albums

Last edited by Mark Allen M on Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:20 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Sorry to see you go as I have enjoyed your photos and yes I have saved many of them for my own enjoyment.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:23 pm 

Sorry to see this Mark.

A sad day for WIX.

Vaya con Dios Amigo!

Barry

Johnny's Mother : "Don't be silly Dear - you can't do both!"

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:28 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Respecting your free will to do as you see fit, I have too however, the right to piss and moan... one of the good guys is leaving WIX. I have always appreciated your postings, and of course, the images that you have uploaded.

Take some time, think it over and maybe, just maybe, you would reconsider and continue participating? I know I am guilty of most of what people do in forums, and thus have also reduced my participation quite a lot. It does not mean howver, that I do not appreciate one of the good guys when I recognize him for his work.

Saludos, and may you be back soon.

Tulio

I am one of them 'futbol' people.

Will the previous owner has pics of this double cabin sample

GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Press "1" for English.
Press "2" to disconnect until you have learned to speak English.

Sooooo, how am I going to know to press 1 or 2, if I do not speak English????

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:05 am 

Mark,
I understand your frustration and respect your feelings. Your continued and unparalleled support for our veterans both here on WIX and outside is so generous and inspiring, I wish more were like you. Personally I have gained so much from your posts that they are the first I look for. I hope that you reconsider and continue to post here. If not, I realize we all have limits to the things we will accept. Your photos, and more importantly your input will be greatly missed and a loss for WIX.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:30 am 

- what he said.
and, recycling my last post in a much less international forum, about a different obsession:

I would come to (forum) much more frequently because (poster) was back and I'm sure he was indeed a quantifiable asset to the site.

Since he left last time i have had one member on "Ignore" (just in case I did look at a thread with his input) and as the

(thread) has never been of interest the other trolls and bullies don't concern me.

I am likewise ignored - well - many of my posted questions are, and I'm sure it often seems to go quiet when I chip in ... but this might just be me, as it happens everywhere.

We all have our own ways of dealing, or not, with this new society.

Fortunately, (poster) might answer my emails.
(forum), however, is much - much - diminished by his withdrawal - again - and naturally, they don't know what they have done.

i.e. this happens too much, and I am hoping we might all realise we have more in common - before the potential for 'sharing the knowledge', etc., is past - or monetised...
- whatever...

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:39 am 

Mark, from Down Under, your pictures have been nothing short of inspirational to me who as well as being an owner, pilot, supporter of military and vintage aviation. I see the vitriol on all media these days that has a posting section. I'm pi$$ed off with this...

Hope to see your great work somewhere deserving. :drink3:

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:44 am 

Mark,

Please continue to post here, even if just to give us the great photographs!! It will be too huge a loss for the rest of us, if you leave.

Just ignore those that bother you.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:50 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Don't leave Mark! If you leave then I'm just going to have to leave too. Feel the pressure? I guess your just gonna have to stay. Or regret knowing everyone else left because of you! :wink: :drink3:

Dude, you made my day sad! :(

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:10 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Please don't go Mark. Your posts and photos are a real asset to us all on so many levels.

We brought her from: Image to this in 3 months: Image Help us get her all the way back Image

All donations are tax deductible as the Stockton Field Aviation Museum is a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Tell a friend as the Harpoon needs all the help she can get.

Thank you!

Taigh Ramey
Vintage Aircraft, Stockton, California
http://www.twinbeech.com
'KEEP ‘EM FLYING…FOR HISTORY!'

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:24 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Mark,

Like already said, I do hope you reconsider. Take some time off if need be. That is what I do when I find myself getting PO'd at someone(s) or the direction of a good intentioned thread.

IMO you bring alot to the website via your continuous, often unique photo offerings. Your photo threads are the Forrest Gump type...ya never know what you're going to put up. That makes it exciting and leaves you wanting more. I always send your CG related photo's to our CG Historians and CG aviation group in case they do not have them.

If in the end you do decide to permanently depart, thank you for your contributions and making WIX fun to visit.

v/r....John

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mark, look at yourself as an archivist of aviation history. you have broadened it much more w/ your postings. there are countless pics you have posted that i've never seen, & i've been doing this since the 70's. once your photo bucket file is deleted it's gone for ever. please re-evaluate your feelings as your posts have been a pillar to this board, & i eagerly await them daily. i hope you re- consider & stay, or at least pop on for a friendly visit. all the best to you, tom

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:37 am 

Mark Allen M wrote:
<....>
But something I cannot tolerate or stand by and see happen, no matter if it's my business or not, is to see people use an internet forum (such as WIX) to accuse and slander other people and/or organizations of fraud, corruption and all those other rotten things that people and groups do at times. No matter if deserving or not this isn't the place for it IMHO. I'm sure there's several here who know what I'm talking about and this deal will get me banned (again) but I don't care. It's wrong to use this site as a pissing platform for the public slander of people and organizations.

Some of you wonder if I go too far at times to make a point? You bet I do ... and I'll never change or apologize for it. Some people are not cut out for internet forums and I've always been one of them. But I know the difference between pissing and moaning towards each other about nonsense regarding warbirds and I know tasteless public slander towards people who aren't here to defend themselves. Not cool and not right no matter what.
<....>
Mark,
Your vast and wonderful contributions to this site will be sorely missed for sure.

I have the same feelings on the (contrary to forum rules) bashing and vitriol that was posted. I just mostly ignore it, but was forced to reply when some of it was erroneously attributed as coming from me.

I sincerely hope you will reconsider and continue to post as loss of your contributions will be catastrophic for sure.

I would also want to thank you for your sharing of your research and knowledge which I have enjoyed reading and seeing and may I wish all the best for you and yours.
Art

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:10 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Mark, I as well as many others have enjoyed your posts tremendously, for what its worth I'm sorry you feel that way and will be sorry if you go. But you have to do what you feel is right and its really sad, unbelievable, shame that the many have to suffer because of the likes of so few. Mark the times we have talked were great and hope we can continue to correspond. There have been times I've thought of leaving WIX and posting my projects elsewhere but eventually decided to stick it out here. Long time ago I was told to " ignore the ignorant for eventually they'll go away"! Mark I hope Ive been of some consolation/comfort and you'll reconsider.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:28 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Your contributions to the good have far outweighed ... and will continue to outweigh ... the bad.

So much of what makes WIX and the warbird community good revolves around honoring the sacrifices of those came before us. Your participation here has been one of those efforts. I have no doubt that you have positively influenced far more folks than you realize. The problem with this, and our society in general, is that we seem to only hear the negative voices and, sadly, technology amplifies the vocal minority. Before long, our perceptions become skewed and I sense that's where you're at. It's kinda like a dark stadium where a lone spotlight can only highlight 10 out of 10,000 at one time. Don't succumb to that sort of tunnel vision.

Spock said something about the needs of the many vs. the needs of the one and isn't that part of why we hold high the sacrifices of our aerial veterans? You're your own man and a good dude - do what you need to do but please take a moment to reconsider, possibly finding a compromise that you can accept.

Your friend,
Ken

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next