Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: Dispersal of airframes at Former Chanute

Tue May 23, 2017 12:59 pm

Chris Brame wrote:So, now that we've gotten through the winter, any updates on the rescues/scrappings at Chanute?
Castle is expecting the B-58 sometime this summer.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:47 am

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?view=fimg&th=15ca8a6fa97ba511&attid=0.1&disp=thd&attbid=ANGjdJ8y3BRwOv3lW9xMJnbI3wRYKJ4deM91NfDTQ9ZZWctVz7x0r0yU1Ty6YEHzwcyXGVV-c44yEn_KuPXBHr32MSrMrazh4ja1PVDC1MdJwBwSRq2TIqVlyybZ3-w&sz=w226-h166&zwImage

Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:32 pm

Seabee, can you try that again? All I get is a request to add Gmail to my account.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:27 pm

The EC-121 tail, engines and domes have arrived safely at Willow Run. Per facebook the fuselage got underway this morning.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:13 pm

https://www.facebook.com/Worldwideaircr ... _ref=OTHER
Great news! As to the rest... Looks like everything else is still there like the last time the guy flew his drone around the area.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:15 am

Even on a trailer it looks fast and sexy!

Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:10 am

Does anybody have a complete list of aircraft that are there (or were there)?

Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:21 am

I will be there next Friday and Saturday for an indoor model airplane contest at an adjacent hangar. I can certainly take some pics of what is still outside.
~jim

Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:25 am

Does anybody have current contact information for somebody at the museum? Is there even anybody still there at this point?

Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:18 pm

Worldwide Aircraft Recovery has the B-58 up on a trailer; wings are coming off next:
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5A2AF87A
glider90 wrote:I will be there next Friday and Saturday for an indoor model airplane contest at an adjacent hangar. I can certainly take some pics of what is still outside.
~jim

Did you get some photos, Jim?

Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:45 am

Here's what the F-86A and T-33 looked like in February. They were relocated to the Air National Guard display in Fort Wayne.

ImageIMG_3590 by Matthew Vader, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3595 by Matthew Vader, on Flickr

Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:41 pm

Thanks Matt! I see they're using the handyman's secret weapon to seal the canopies... :D

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:50 pm

The B-58 arrived last Friday, 18-Aug-2017. It currently looks like a crash site surrounded by a fence. I'll have a bucket of pics tomorrow, but moving to a new host has become cumbersome. I'll figure out something.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:36 am

Spectre_I wrote:The B-58 arrived last Friday, 18-Aug-2017. It currently looks like a crash site surrounded by a fence. I'll have a bucket of pics tomorrow, but moving to a new host has become cumbersome. I'll figure out something.

Can't wait Spectre! Excited for your team. She going at the end by the Vigilante? Maybe across from the B-36 would be a better fit to be close to her CONVAIR sisters.

The loss of free photobucket is a real pain. Think I will go to imageshack which for a few bucks allows third party linking.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:42 am

sandiego89 wrote:
Spectre_I wrote:The loss of free photobucket is a real pain. Think I will go to imageshack which for a few bucks allows third party linking.

Imgur is also a nice option.
Post a reply