Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:24 am

Welcome to the forum, Jon!

What do you fly?

Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:41 am

<-- Me.

Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:17 am

Hi and welcome aboard.

B17 Crew November 1944

Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:30 am

This is a photo of our crew in November 1944 http://www.b17sam.com/our-crew.html

Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:52 am

That's great Sam!

Would love to see any other snap shots you might have.

More snapshots from WW2

Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:20 pm

Zane --- Click on my website (see below) for many more snapshots from WW2.

Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:05 pm

Now that I've got some pix up on P'bucket I can toss a couple in on here; hope I'll be forgiven for the fact that they involve cars rather than airplanes though! I'm never going to be in a position to have a Warbird, or any other flying machine; but in fall 2007 I brought home to Hamilton a midlife crisis toy of another sort, the blue 1962 Studebaker Lark seen in these two shots. The one of me at the wheel was taken by my 5-year-old nephew, who is mad keen on photography!

S.

Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:19 pm

I have neglected to post a photo of myself here, and I apologise for not doing so. My name is Cam Finlay and I live in Queensland - Australia. I have always been interested in WW2 aviation and military history. I've been fortunate to travel to the UK in the 1990's to attend airshows, Life member of Sally B, flown in a B-17G at Willow Run in 1999, etc

I have created a business website at:

http://www.west-front.com.au

West-Front Mission Statement

To promote and encourage the values bestowed by our military history; to provide an opportunity to explore and promote the shared achievements of service men and women of all nations; inspire learning through innovation; display uncompromising attention to detail; and to encourage and assist people to protect, conserve and value our military heritage.

The intial intention of the website was to structure a business for Movie and TV. To bring integrity, accuracy and authenticity to projects and facilitate access to original and reproduction period historical items such as uniforms, equipment and militaria via:

(i) the provision of detailed photographs, measurements and technical advice
(ii) hire or conditional hire (subject to the item required)

This has transition to military historical displays at local special needs schools for ANZAC Day, remembrance Day etc

I also have a tribute section which has featured in the past falled servicemen from WW2 , OIF and RVN

http://www.west-front.net/page/tributes.html

Obituary - William F. Gavin USMC (Ret)

Longtime Soldotna resident William F. Gavin, 61, died Sunday, 1 June 2008, at his home. Mr. Gavin was born 1 November 1946, to William and Viola Gavin in St. Louis, Mo., where he attended high school and college.

Mr Gavin joined the U.S. Marine Corps in 1965 and was honorably discharged in 1967. He moved to Alaska in 1970, living in Anchorage for a few years, working for the Municipality of Anchorage Parks and Recreation as a teen program coordinator until making his final home in Soldotna. Mr. Gavin guided hunting and fishing trips on the Kenai Peninsula for 20 years until retiring in 1995. His passion was hunting and fishing.The family wrote, "Bill courageously and proudly served his country in the USMC as a rifleman in Vietnam. He was severely wounded in 1967 nd was honorably discharged that same year. He received many medals, including several Purple Hearts. He was first and always a Marine." "Bill loved his 20 years as a fishing guide on the Kenai River in boat No. 081. His camp was a gathering spot where many friends, tourists and old-time Alaskans swapped fishing and hunting tales and exploits. He loved to show off his 'wall of fame,' which was filled with pictures of fishing and hunting expeditions. Bill will be missed, but not forgotten, by those who knew and loved him. Semper Fidelis." Mr Gavin is survived by his wife, Fay E. Gavin of Soldotna; Fay's two daughters and six granddaughters; many best friends, fishing and hunting companions and Marine brothers from around the world.

My wife and I at MCB Kaneohe Bay last November.

We attended by invitation the 233rd Birthday ball of the United States Marine Corps (USMC) in Hawai'i.

Little bit goofy, at Pacific Air Museum after a "flight"

Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:50 am

Me having a joyride in a T-6 Harvard/texan... yes i'm still smiling'

Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:40 pm

Lets Play

Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:10 pm

Gary,

Ok! Let's go!

Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:49 pm

Barrett out trumps the AR-15 every time.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:33 pm

Barrett? Why that's just a Texas deer rifle!

Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:36 pm

Somewhere I've a pic of me behind a whaler's harpoon gun...

Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:01 pm

Self-portrait; at 14,000 ft. above western Colorado. Oh yeah, in the back of a P-51 :D
Post a reply