Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:06 pm

Hal B wrote:Image

Self-portrait; at 14,000 ft. above western Colorado. Oh yeah, in the back of a P-51 :D

Is that Val-Halla?

Ryan

Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:12 pm

Ztex wrote:Gary,

Ok! Let's go!

Note to self; don't mess with Gary, & sure as he11 don't mess with Zane. :shock: :snipe: :lol:

Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:47 pm

Ztex, excellent trump! Let's meet in the middle....Okla....there are some like types down there with the full auto stuff that like having a good time!
Gary

Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:00 pm

RyanShort1 wrote:
Hal B wrote:
Self-portrait; at 14,000 ft. above western Colorado. Oh yeah, in the back of a P-51 :D

Is that Val-Halla?

Ryan

Yes it is :wink:

Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:36 pm

Methinks Ztex an' Gary'd like to have some fun on our lil' ol' playground out here in West Texas..... :wink:

As do I! :wink:

(Well, mebbee not with that LAST shot!) :wink:

Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:40 pm

Bob,
I haven't done any FORMAL type range shootin' like you're doin since I was in the Army.....My daughters and I just slide the patio glass door open, and shoot from the kitchen table...(only when the wife is at work)

Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:09 pm

Couple of years ago I got a ride in a beautiful Ryan ST, along with a few minutes of stick time. Took a bootful of rudder to keep straight, but what fun! There's nothing like open-cockpit flying. (Hopefully by the end of the summer I'll be airborne in my very own Fly Baby! :D )

--Corrie

Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:03 pm

Corrie,

Way cool! Nothin' like an open cockpit in the summer! :wink:

Gary - Nothin' "formal" to it...Just a few fellas that like to terrify large, round black objects a fair piece away with near misses! :lol:

Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:18 am

Me in my 'combat flight shorts' and parachute about to go on a meat bombing sortie over the dry plains of South Australia around 1992

Retro style photo taken last week (early March 2009)

Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:11 pm

Me with my new favorite shirt!

Mark Popejoy

Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:35 am

i'll buy that shirt right off your back!!!!!!!!

Where to find "THE SHIRT"

Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:23 am

Tom,
You can find it here:
http://www.signals.com/cgi-bin/hazel.cgi?ACTION=SEARCH&SEARCH_MAXHITS=12&SEARCH_SPEC=AX5672

or here:
http://www.fightingcolors.com/merchpage.htm

Regards,
Mark

Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:09 pm

Steve T wrote:Now that I've got some pix up on P'bucket I can toss a couple in on here; hope I'll be forgiven for the fact that they involve cars rather than airplanes though! I'm never going to be in a position to have a Warbird, or any other flying machine; but in fall 2007 I brought home to Hamilton a midlife crisis toy of another sort, the blue 1962 Studebaker Lark seen in these two shots. The one of me at the wheel was taken by my 5-year-old nephew, who is mad keen on photography!

S.

Thats one strange but very cool ride. I find myself more and more interested in 1940-1960 era cars.

Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:04 pm

Zane and Gary -

I hope it's not too late to join the party is it?!

:)

-Derek

Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:11 pm

Me in the CH2A's Lancaster FM212...
Post a reply