Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: WIX Mugshots - Lets put a face to the names

Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:50 am

warbirdfan in business-dress :-D ..... I think I am the only one with a tie on the jumpsuit of a Mustang :-)
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_618.jpeg
warbirdfan in business-dress :-D ..... I think I am the only one with a tie on the jumpsuit of a Mustang :-)
IMG_9948.JPG

Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:53 am

For the halloween season...
roar2.jpg

Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:11 am

Thanks Lynn,

Great!

Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:15 am

My almost twin Brother from another Mother, the late and VERY much missed Bill Downing aka, The Inspector and myself taken at the Boise airport before he flew back to Seattle in 2004.
We could usually finish each others sentences we thought so much alike. I look at this photo and I'm still sad 6 years after his passing, I still tear up. I still miss him badly.Image

Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:34 pm

Mr Widgeon wrote:My almost twin Brother from another Mother, the late and VERY much missed Bill Downing aka, The Inspector and myself taken at the Boise airport before he flew back to Seattle in 2004.
We could usually finish each others sentences we thought so much alike. I look at this photo and I'm still sad 6 years after his passing, I still tear up. I still miss him badly.Image

:drink3:

Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:51 pm

Here I am in my Historic Flight Foundation "Grumpy" B-25 jacket, they are given to volunteers.
I typically do a full day a week or about 400 hours a year.

So far, I have gone up in both Beavers (wheel and amphib float), the Hamilton Metalplane, the DC-3 and Grumpy, the B-25D.

Too bad the P-51B and Spitfire Mk. IXe are single seaters.

Types in the collection I have flown in, but not the museum examples: T-6, Stearman, Staggerwing, Cub...

And friends own some warbirds as well..Goose, Stearman, N3N, T-28 (2)...

So, hanging around the museum is the next best thing to owning your own...or as I often say...if you don't have neat toys, be sure to have friends that do.

Many thanks to them all for all the great experiences!

Other warbird flights: H-13E (training in one, 40 hours!) and the never to be forgotten B-17G "Texas Raiders"...RIP to her and her crew. And while not a warbitd, some right seat time in a Ford Tri-Motor.

And thanks to the USAF for giving me the honor to serve for 20 years and the chance to fly in modern watbirds...B-1B, B-52G, KC-135 A/R, C-130E/H, C-141B, AT-6A Texan II, T-43, UH-1N, MH-53, HH-60, C-21.

Attachments
IMG_0319_kindlephoto-35257893.jpg
IMG_0319_kindlephoto-35257893.jpg (76.64 KiB) Viewed 11887 times
IMG_0318_kindlephoto-34884173.jpg
Post a reply